My beloved Turbo 2 Engine for sale :(

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Colza
Forum Addict

My beloved Turbo 2 Engine for sale :(

Postby Colza » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:22 pm

Half way through my conversion into my 1980 civic I have found that, running out of time and money, im may not make it. So, I now have a Turbo 2 engine for sale. It has a brand new heavy duty ceramic puck clutch, lightened flywheel, turbo spins beatifully, new plugs and leads, replaced vacuum advance, replaced gearbox, new oil filter and oil. Compression was tested on an uncalibrated meter but all cylinders are exactly the same. Was running before removed from the old car.

Someone make me an offer (you have no idea how sad it is to have to say that).

The engine is currently just north of Auckland, New Zealand.

PS
Im not sure if it counts for anything but it could come with an opptional water injector in the intake (I have 2 one modified one stock) it has never been tested but as i dont see me needing it now ill throw it in as well :) )

cantik

Re: My beloved Turbo 2 Engine for sale :(

Postby cantik » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:30 pm

Hello Colza,
I am in Adelaide, OZ.

Any body knows if  there will be a problem importing the
engine from NZ?

So, if the price + shpping cost is right + OK to import , I would love to accept your transplant!!!

Thanks,
Wayne

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:21 am

Hey man,

I dont know how much you are looking at for your engine but i have been informed by Strong for Honda in Auckland that you can get one of the engines in good condition with all the manifolds and gearbox for under 450.

I would be keen for your motor or even some bits off it.

I really am after just the turbo, gearbox and intercooler but wouldnt mind the whole lot.

As im in Auckland i would have no problems getting the motor.  Just let me know what sort of price you are looking for. :)

Cheers

BOB

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:35 am

Im still not 100% sure that I will be selling it, a friend of mine almost managed to talk me into ploughing on with the swap. The engine has had about $1500 spent on it (including buying the engine in the first place) so I would like to avoid making a loss on it if possible.

BOB-
Im guessing that price was not for an engine FROM Strong for Honda as I believe they tried to charge me $300 for a gearbox alone. I also enquired about a new turbo and that was somewhat astronomical as well.

Turbo2
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo2 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:27 pm

Hi Cloza
Hey I'm looking for a Turbo Also but :-[

NO such luck in Hamilton. :-/

How much are Strong asking for a Turbo unit.

Cheers

Turbo 2

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:47 pm

Sorry for not replying for a while but I have been more or less living down at the garage with my car. Im terribly sorry guys but the engine is no longer for sale, it is now firmly mounted inside my civic!!!

Turbo2:
If you mean just the turbo itself then they are very expensive from Strong for Honda because they mostly sell reconditioned ones. I believe there is a good non reconditioned one (for a T2) there at the moment going for $200 + gst. Im sure that it wont cost much to send it up to you in Hamilton either.

Turbo2
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo2 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:39 am

;D
KEEN

To KNow the number bro

And how to get a hold of them?

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”