WANTED: Turbo II, possibly in Europe :-)

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
foxx

WANTED: Turbo II, possibly in Europe :-)

Postby foxx » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:50 am

Hi guys!

I'm a new member, I live in Hungary and I drive a '85 Jazz 1.2! My dream is to own a Turbo II, but in Europe is this dream as good as impossible  :'( Can you help me to fulfill my dream? All solutions are expected! The transportation I can solve with a conatainer. Please help me! It will be great if you live in Europe. Excuse me for my bad english :(

Foxx

JohnT
Donating Member

Re: WANTED: Turbo II, possibly in Europe :-)

Postby JohnT » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:25 pm

Foxx

CT & I could arrange export of one sourced in Aus, on a commercial basis. We deal with a shipping agent in Melbourne, and City T 2 come up for sale now and then.

From the last time I looked at freight costs, you'd be looking at something like $1,000 for freight at this end (not including your costs on landing and import duties you may face) and a reasonable Turbo II is likely to be around $3,500 or so Aus when they do come up.

So if you really want one it is not  impossible, but would take some funding.

Typically you handle this sort of thing by issuing a Letter Od Credit on the basis where it is payable by the bank at this end once the shipping firm certifies that they have the good in the container, on their way.

Contact details are in the profile if you are serious. We would need to confirm freight costs, find one that is for sale and arrange export. Would take a few months to get to you, I expect.

John

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:39 pm

Arent all the cars in Hungary left hand drive........aus and nz are all right hand drive..........not sure if you would have to convert it to keep it legal or not.

foxx

Postby foxx » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:28 am

Hello City_boy_t1!

Yes, the cars in Hungary are all with left hand drive. I want to build the T2 engine and the front and rear chassis into my Basic-Jazz that is in very good condition. I want to replace the wider parts over/around the wheels (I don't know their correct names in english, excuse me for that).

Thanks for your answer!  ;)
Foxx

foxx

Postby foxx » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:39 am

Hello JohnT!

Thank you for the detailled description about the export procedure from Australia! And thanks for the infos about the shipping agent and it's prices!

I found a company in Hungary too who can import cars to Hungary in containers. They said the complete costs will take up to 2-3000 USD. It is exactly the same as you said...

I know it's a lot of money  :( I'm waiting for a bigger income from a business to me. If it's realised, I will spend this money to my little dream car.

I try an other chance: a friend of mine lives in the United Kingdom, I asked him to search for City Turbo II-s in England. It is a right hand drive country too, maybe the Japanese Guys had exported City T2-s to them.

Thanks for helping me! I keep on trying to find a low-cost solution to make my dream come true  ;D

Foxx

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”