Type R brakes

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Type R brakes

Postby Charles » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:20 pm

Genuine OEM integra type R brakes redrilled to suit 4 X 100 stud pattern. May require a shim/spacer to get correct rotor offset on some hondas.

Near new, more than 90% of original pad left. Can provide a bigger master cylinder if required.

rotors are 11.1", 23mm thick

$500 (less than the cost of the parts originally)

Need 15" rims for clearance.

Cheers,

Charles

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Type R brakes

Postby spangleking » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:38 pm

Charles
In your advt you mention 15" rims. I wasn't aware a turbo (T1 anyway)could take these without extensive modifcations to the body.
I have some 13" rims at the moment on my city,running 165 x 8 radials. They cause problems with a load in the back rubbing and suchlike. Although I have looked; has there been any discussion on what wheels/tyres  are best for road or performance?
Is the overall circumference much different and what tyre sizes can you get away with on a standard body shell before body modifcations are required? Also I was worried about the change in speedo reading using the gear driven cable. Does anyone have the figures on what speed at 50K, 100K when you upgrade from 12" to 13-15"??

Spangleking

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:44 pm

Spangle:  this is not really the correct section for discussing that, and i believe it has been discussed several times quite recently. It all depends on the profile of your tyres.

Charles: How easy will the conversion be onto 2nd gen civic hubs? I have had reasonable difficulty in finding a brake upgrade for my car because the brake rotors are about twice as deep as all other similar era Hondas. Will it be do-able? Or is this going to require extensive modification to my hub assembly?

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:20 am

Colza,

Measure the total height of your disc (thickness plus hat height) and measure the distance from the wheel side of the caliper bracket to top of rotor (then subtract thickness of rotor hat over the hub. Give me those figures and I will be able to help you out. Any brake conversion I do I ensure the factory hub assembly is left alone. THe caliper and rotors are spaced to suit the hub.

Can you also measure the circumference of the rotor locating spigot on the hub (or the diameter of the inner hole of the rotor).

I may have a 9.5", 10.2" or 11.1" setup to suit your needs.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”