WTB Factory Repair Manual

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Bino

WTB Factory Repair Manual

Postby Bino » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:20 pm

Finally got my T1 frontcut stateside, and am about to begin retrofit into my '76 Civic.  It'd be really handy if I had a factory repair manual that I could work from.  If anybody's got one they're willing to part with, or a good place to locate one please let me know.  All venues I've tried have yielded nothing.

Thanks ya'll

Turbo2
Forum Enthusiast

Re: WTB Factory Repair Manual

Postby Turbo2 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:56 pm

:-/

These R Very hard to come By Man

Looking for one myself ..........

WOuld also like to know where to find one

Sweet Turbo2   ;D

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:42 pm

Bino

Combination of manuals helps:

Civic EB1 & Civic CVCC manuals (local library may well have..) Most components same.
Early CR-X for sections on computer issues - very similar.
This web site for some specific data.
The Japanese parts diagrams.

John

Bino

Postby Bino » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:47 am

I just counted, I have seven manuals for my first gen Civic including "How to keep your Honda Civic Alive" (really entertaining as well).

I'm really in need of a manual that will have the wiring and vacuum schematics for the '84 T1.  I'm sure the only one will be a factory service/repair manual.

JohnT
When you said they were mostly the same, what did you mean exactly?  Were you speaking of my Civic, or of the CVCC and the City.  I know the City's a CVCC engine, but I didn't figure the PGM-FI was like anything we got in the US?

Thanks for the info guys.

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:14 pm

Bino

I guess what Iwas saying is that Honda, like most engineering firms, re-uses stuff that works. So if you've been in the internals of a Civic EB1, a lot of the engineering on the City engine looks the same. The CVCC fundamentals are the same across the CVCC Civic (I thought sold in US?) and the City. Sure, there is a turbo, but that is no big deal from an engineering viewpoint. The computer seems very similar to the one on the CRX (2 +2 sporty hatch - may have had a different name in US?) with the exception that it runs a MAP2 as an altitude sensor, while the City Turbo runs a MAP2 as an overboost sensor.

So torque settings,a lot of processes (eg for pulling apart valve systems) and so on are same or very similar across City Turbo and CVCC Civic, while settings like how to adjust your Throttle Position Sensor seems to work from the CRX manual.

Make sense?

John

Bino

Postby Bino » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:58 am

Now there's some good info.  I know the CVCC system was the same amongst the early CVCC lines.  I was really looking for the FI information.  I didn't figure the blocks would be that similar since the Bore/Strokes are completely different between the ER and the EB.

66X90 for ER
72X76 for EB

I'll look into getting a CRX manual (same name in US).

Do you by chance know if the rod/journal bearings might be shared between the EB/ER series?

Thanks for the info.

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:00 pm

Bino

Pretty sure the journal sizes are different, and yes, differences in dimensioning all over the place, similarities are more in methods and practices. Some things interchange, like timing belts.

I'm in Darwin airport at the mo on the way home, when I'm back I'll hunt down some journal size data I have and send you an e-mail.

John

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”