WTD: City T2 Motor - Melbourne

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
kesmai

WTD: City T2 Motor - Melbourne

Postby kesmai » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:12 am

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a short motor for a City T2. Don't need any turbos, injection gear etc etc. Just the bare engine. Anyone have one? Or know someone in Melbourne that is good at rebuilding these engines?? Thanks in advance

Gaz

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Re: WTD: City T2 Motor - Melbourne

Postby city_cabriolet » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:26 pm

i would look up my local Jap Importer and but an ER Turbo block for around $600. Most little importers all know about the ER Turbo and availability is huge. You can't get computers and electrics cheap, but the block you can (and it should still have the turbo bolted on for a spare).

I personally would only buy an Import engine, if you get one from a car already in aus, and you don't know the owner, there's a big risk of it being a lemon and the owner is flogging it off because they stuffed it and don't know how to replace it, so hence they take advantage of someone who knows very little about how to get parts for these cars.

i live in Newcastle, NSW and we have a small importer who can get them, so i'm sure you will be successful in Melb :-)

Cheers,
Luke.

kesmai

Postby kesmai » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:29 am

I actually really just need a complete T2 head. found out my block is ok. Anyone have? What is the difference between the T1 head and the T2? which is easier to find? I read on this forum that they are exactly the same but the ports are smaller on the T1..

Cheers

Gaz

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:21 am

Ports and valves are the same size.  The only difference is that the T1 has a provision for the EGR system, where is the T2 doesnt.  Totally interchangable and no real difference in power.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:51 pm

Your missing the point.

Getting a Head will cost you the same, if not more than the whole thing (unless you buy one off someone here).
And why would someone sell you a perfectly good head when they may need one down the track...

These are important parts that seem to wear sooner or later. You've been warned.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”