Green Civic / City Turbo for sale (non urgent)

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
JohnT
Donating Member

Green Civic / City Turbo for sale (non urgent)

Postby JohnT » Thu May 11, 2006 9:42 am

The Green Civic that CT and JohnT re-built after buying the car in bits from Charles is for sale, if a suitable buyer is around.

There is quite a description of the car in the members ride section.

Status at the moment is that it has not been used for about 18 months, needs some fuel line work done and roof repair. (Note the work on the fuel line has now been done.)

Extremely extensive spare parts holdings come with the car if we sell it.

The sale is not urgent, but in reality CT is too busy making wine to do a lot with the car, and his daily drive is now a Jazz VTiS.

JohnT
ps - I am not often logged on, but Henry always knows how to get hold of me.
Last edited by JohnT on Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Wed May 17, 2006 10:01 pm

Hi John, any idea on a rough price?

Glenn

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Thu May 18, 2006 6:01 am

Wow, this is a good opportunity for someone to get a really awesome car. I would love to see it go to someone on the board.

ct
Forum Participant

Postby ct » Thu May 18, 2006 4:15 pm

I thought i would put up a copy of the post i put on the civic1200 site to give any interested people a bit more info on the car.

Cheers
Chris

Hi Everyone,

Due to the lack of time i have to work on the ER turbo civic, i have decied to put her up for sale.

The car has lots of mods for example;
ER turbo motor, blue printed, balanced, over size pistons etc
custom exhaust manifold + dump pipe
Garret GT17 turbo!!!
Intercooler
Blowoff valve
Cold air intake
City Turbo 5 speed box
Turbo timer
Oversize radiator + electric thermo fan
Big racecraft brakes
Super light 14inch mags
Koni adjustable suspension
Front sway bar
Bosh high presure fuel pump
Deluxe civic guages + autometer boost gauge and fuel presure gauge (with green pods and lilght to match civic lights)
Halgen headlight conversion
Prelude seats
Car stereo Pioneer
new floor mates (plush pile delux)
Overhead console
electric door locks
Alarm which opens doors + boot (electric soloniod, big red H badge over spot where boot lock used to be)
Car painted BMW dark green color (needs patch up)

Thats everything i can think of at the moment i am sure i have left some mods out.....

The car is located in Adelaide Australia. It needs some work to get her running like a dream but she is not far off. I was using it as my daily driver for about 9 months before i got my Honda Jazz VTiS. She is very fast and lots of fun to drive but just needs some finishing off. Unfortunity due to work and overseas travel comitments i don't have time to do it myself. I would love to see it go to someone who can finish her off and use her on the road (it is road registered with the correct engine number in South Australia) or track. I am asking for $5000 for the car which is, I am sure you can realise a fraction of what has been spent on her. It is in fact exactly the same price which i payed for it when i bought it off Charles who ran Racecraft which used to supply parts for midified 1st gen like the big brakes this car has. There are lots of spares which i will throw in as well like fibre glass front air dam, fibre glass front and rear bumpers, rear sway bar, accord box made to fit (5 speed short ratio so you can go even faster:-) ), just about a whole spare engine, etc, etc....

A link to a pic for you to have a look at if you are interested;
http://www.cityturbo.com/gallery2/main. ... 0d934f783b

If you are interesed and would like more info or more pics please email me at [email protected] (the email address has changed since first posted, if you did email i would not have got it please resend, thanks)

Cheers
Chris
Last edited by ct on Thu May 18, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

James

Postby James » Thu May 18, 2006 4:48 pm

Just a quick question a bit off topic, how does the car drive with the GT17? Do you boost in 1st? What revs do you boost at in 2nd and 3rd?

Bet it handles great with the koni susp

ct
Forum Participant

Postby ct » Thu May 18, 2006 6:36 pm

It handles pretty well with the Konis, they are oil filled so the oil needs filling up occasionally. I think the car would handle much better with some new springs in it. It is currently has some cut civic 1200 springs in it, i tried out some lowered King Spring for a civic 1200 in it but they did not work to well. I think getting some custom springs wound would be the best way to go as the suspension has been customised so much. For any interested parties that should not cost to much to get done and would finish her off nicely.

In regards to the boost from memory the boost used to kick in at about 4000 rpm in first, the kick is unreally and that engine climbs through the rev range so quick lag really is not to much of a problem.

I just rembered the car also has a turbosmart gated adjustable boost controller.

Cheers
Chris

JohnT
Donating Member

Boost versus revs

Postby JohnT » Sun May 21, 2006 10:28 am

Chris, I think your memory is a bit dodgy (too much wine) Mine tells me (but it could be age) that quite decent boost began at about 2,500 and rose very fast, being quite massive by 4,000 with an open throttle. The issue was balancing power torque steer (ie not hitting a power pole on one side of the road) while flattening the throttle then jumping to second quickly enough to not go over the redline. Lots of power in first, then you're in second and all too soon worrying about the speed limit and going to third. In second and third it is easier to get a view of the boost amount, as you don't get beyond the allowable revs / speed with an open throttle quite as fast. In second it will haul away merrily from about 1,500 rpm with boost building gradually at 2,000, really kicking in 2,500 and above and similar in third above 2,000.

One thing I had not realised until Henry was looking for a "new" exhaust valve is that the inlet and exhaust valves on this beast are large compared to the standard Turbo engine. Despite that, no valve bounce at 7,000. And at that revs in first gear you're nearly at the legal limit on local roads.

John T

James

Postby James » Sun May 21, 2006 2:09 pm

Farout, sounds like a real hoot. Might have to find me a bigger turbo :D

Henry

Postby Henry » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:46 pm

I can confirm what the "T's" have said here, John took me around the block once, it was a while back but I can remember that it didn't take long. The ride seemed a bit choppy at the time but I don't know what stage the suspension mods were at. This thing really pulls, and torque steer is quite strong. Best suggestion I have is to make sure the wheels are pointed straight ahead and you are holding on with both hands when the boost kicks in. I can't tell you when the boost kicks in but I don't remember it being at an excessively high RPM, wasn't watching the tacho, in fact I probably had my eyes shut. The front wheels seem to be constantly scratching around on the bitumen looking for a bit of traction. It was a real blast. As John says,there are a few bits that could be tidied up but it's all there and working.

JohnT
Donating Member

Green Civic now on road

Postby JohnT » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:54 am

Chris has fixed the fuel line leak - just a couple of lengths of perished fuel line from an accessory shop. Now replaced with high strength braided line from our favourite hydraulics workshop in Edwardstown along with a new length of fuel delivery line in stainless under the floor pan rather than through the cabin where Charles had put a copper fuel line.

Reregistered the car, and insured for third party property damage with Shannons - they offer comprehensive as well, but we'd rebuild with a new body if it was totalled.

Took it for a spin up to the Mount Osmond turnoff on the freeway, and adjusted the waste gate regulator. It does cut out at 16 psi from the boost cut, so to get more boost we'd need to add the boost cut defender between the manifold and the MAP sensor. Boost is there a little at 2,500 but really builds at 3,000 to 3,500 - we were getting 15 psi or so at 3,500 to 4,000 rpm with an open throttle. Small issue with the clutch, may need to replace with a brass button job soon as there is more power than it can reliably hold - one time in ten or so it slips as the boost build.

Again, around town the problem is staying legal, and controlling the torque steer in low gears.

John

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:59 pm

Don't suppose you guys are looking at upgrading to a BA Falcon ute? I ened something cheaper to clear some debt (now that I have a house and all...) I'm after $19k for it, it's in fantastic condition, 68000km 2003 model, great car, not a workhorse only used as a daily driver and to carry MTB's around on the weekends. I am in Brisbane but would make the trip...

Andy

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:21 pm

No, not interested in a trade n cash - we have a full set of garages - between a Jazz VTiS, a Nissan Patrol ST-S, and a CRV we cover the spectrum. And the idea of selling the green beast is to make cash, not give it away .....
:lol:
John

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:17 pm

Update on the Green Beast. It is on the road, we have amended the suspension and feel it is handling better than it was. (Replaced struts with Civic ones, but still have the Charles supplied ones with Koni shocks installed as spares)

Noisy fuel pump is no longer in the circuit, the high pressure Bosch sports pump is doing a fine job by itself.

The car is quite driveable, and is registered and insured. So if you want a test drive can be done. The freeway is close by, so you can try a hills section with limits at 100 km/hr readily.

Chris will be listing it on the SA Trading Post in the next day or so, so anyone who wants to acquire this beast with all its spares holdings needs to speak up now.

Interstate folk - we had been advising that we would not recommend driving it a long distance - mostly the noisy pump and handling was a concern, now feel that is not an issue. However there is substantial spares to haul as well, though most would fit in the back with the seats down, I guess.

John

JohnT
Donating Member

Update

Postby JohnT » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:16 pm

Hi Everybody,

It's actually CT here writing under Dad's login because i am at his house and i can't remember my password.

Anyway just a quick update on the car. I have decided to go on a little holiday to the U.K. so the car is up for sale at a reduced price, $4,500 o.n.o. As Dad said i have fixed up a few things on the car in the last little while so now i don't think there would be any trouble driving her back interstate for any interstate people. I am actually driving it until i sell it just so i can enjoy it for a while longer. Sure will miss her!

Anyway if anybody is interested drop me an email [email protected] or call me on 0419 994 229.

Cheers
Chris

pr*duct

Postby pr*duct » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:05 pm

Man would I love to snatch that sweet ride from your grasp!

But alas I to are heading to the UK for a short spell and need to save like crazy..

Congrats on the ride though

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”