Something I actually need this time

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Bino

Something I actually need this time

Postby Bino » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:32 am

OK, the vacuum advance on my dizzy needs replaced.  Somebody mentioned that these injection systems have a lot in common with the CRX, does this hold for the vacuum system?  The diaphragms do not hold any pressure.  If anybody can lead me down the correct path I would greatly appreciate it.

Colza
Forum Addict

Re: Something I actually need this time

Postby Colza » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:44 pm

Didnt someone establish that getting your rooted one reconditioned turned out to be about the same price as getting one sent to you from elsewhere? Might pay just to head along to a few places and see how much reconditioning is gonna set you back...

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:15 pm

Yeah I got mine recon'd.. $80 for the dual diaphram... works great now, was quoted about teh same price for a 2nd hand on from Strong for Honda...

took em a day!!!

Later
Andy

Bino

Postby Bino » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:56 am

That's great, thanks guys.  I'll run around a bit today and see what I can track down.

Bino

Postby Bino » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:23 pm

Well, did some hoofing about to see what I could find, and if I could get the vacuum advance rebuilt.  No place I went had ever even heard of rebuilding a vacuum advance.  I went through a parts book with one of the auto parts places and ordered a dual-diaphragm unit for an '84-'86 Honda that looked a bit similar.  The price wasn't too bad, so I figured it was worth a shot.  If it doesn't work, I'll be bothering you again for a replacement.  Thanks

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:22 pm

apparently it's reasonably common through carby places.. etc.. since they do a bit with vac operated stuff.. etc..  try some of these this is where I got mine done.. (they sent it away to get done but at least they knew about it)

Andy

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:23 pm

Why not get the part number and order the right one?

Bino

Postby Bino » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:48 am

I'm in the states and was told by my local parts places that getting parts for this engine would be impossible.  And the local Honda dealer is closed on weekends.  The part number for the vacuum advance is not stamped on the part, and nobody's computer here has City parts listed.  

Ah, the challenge continues...

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:39 pm

Bino

If you seriously need part numbers, use the web site referred to on the "Links" button on the home page for Cityturbo.com. The one to pick is http://craft7.com/sa7/ and then you'll need to use BabelFish at AltaVista (link on the Links button off the home page again) to interpret.

I find if I take the right number to Honda, they can often order an equivalent part that they do know.

For this device, we do have a track record of people being able to get the diaphram overhauled - you need the places like the carby / fuel injectopr overhaul places, or automotive engineers. Your corner garage won't know a thing, unless you've got a real mechanic there.

John

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”