Need an alternator :S

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Hondagirl

Need an alternator :S

Postby Hondagirl » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:02 pm

Hey all
Just wondering if anyone from brisbane knows where to get an alternator for a honda city hatchback 1990 model god i tell ya's that part is hard to get i rang so many places cant get anywhere :S so a bit of help would b appreciated thanks all...
Hondagirl

Brendan
Admin

Re: Need an alternator :S

Postby Brendan » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:30 pm

Moved this to the for sale/wanted board as its more of a wtb thread.  you could try hondarec in brisbane, they might be able to help.  also try alljap at virginia and repco/autobarn/supercheap.

brendan

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:14 pm

Sounds more like the regulator than the alternator,(it is overcharging) probably get it fixed cheaper and won't have to find one that fits.

Hondagirl

Postby Hondagirl » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:02 pm

Thanks dude but i been ringing palces for 2 days and the places u mention i rang already none have got one haha i even ended up ringing a car yard that sold imports oops lol o well

Hondagirl

Postby Hondagirl » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:18 pm

Common someone must have an alternator spear or sumfin for a 90 model  :-/

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:06 pm

HondaGirl

We probably have one (or more!!) but wouldn't know definitely:
(1) Which model
(2) whether the spares we have definitely work.

How much you thinking of paying? Just a re-build at autoelecs is typically $75 - $150 - and freight from anywhere to you will be $20, and you might not get what you want.

But if you want to go ahead:
1) send me a e-mail through the forums
2) Give a description of what your beast look like, what connectors it has.

I'd probably want $40 ish to make it worth the hassle of finding it and packaging up, plus freight.

John

Hondagirl

Postby Hondagirl » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:36 pm

i may have found one for my car but the thing is its a 1.5L but i dunno if it'll fit mine i had a chat to the mechanic about it he said he'd mesure the bracket cause we got the size of the 1.5L so he is gonna mesure the bracket and let me know if its the same size and sh!t so ya then if it is im gonna go and collect it can u believe they want $95 for it  :-/ o well i need one so ya i just hope its the right size :) i want my car back :'( i miss it and as soon as its back on the rd working next job its goin' back to the mechanics and getting a service done to it while im working and have the money haha...
Newayz i shall keep u posted i'll find out more tomorrow
bye

Hondagirl

Postby Hondagirl » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:45 am

ok guys its back to the drawing board it was the was size alternator a 1.5L is about 170mm and mine was about 150mm so ya bit big hey man is your alternator for a honda city 1990 mod hatchback? and check and see if its like 150mm man guys im desperate to get my car back on the rd its been like weeks now its off rd damn its pissing me off  >:(  i miss driving it :'( any help would b appreciated... And at the moment they r trying to match a part to it to get it working dont ask i dunno whats goin' on with that  :-/ so ya help please!!

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:57 pm

Any idea what it WAS from, the one you tried, then the rest of
us can rule at least that out...

There was no possibility it would fit!?!? dif. belts sizes even!?

Hondagirl

Postby Hondagirl » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:36 pm

dudes my car is farked i rang around again today still no one has an alternator and mine cant b rebuilt otherwise it would've been done by now it is totally stuffed  :-/...
newayz though i'd keep u updated sh!t this is pissing me right off damn it!!! aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:20 pm

HondaGirl

If you want I'll get a photo of my alternator up to you. I have two, one with a slightly chewed belt pulley, the other without a pulley at all, just with the shaft end sticking out and with a thread on the shaft.

You got a digital camera? If so, easy to put a picture up.

The ones I have are both Nippondenso, but I believe there were a variety of manufacturers.

John

Hondagirl

Postby Hondagirl » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:31 pm

hey thanks dude that'll b great but also is it for a 1990 model and is it 150mm to fit bracket size would u b able to check that for me thanks dude thats a big help and yes a pic would b great...
If its the right one where r u what r u looking at selling it for?? i want one a.s.a.p as i really want my car back so i can start doin' mods to it as i am working again...
Thanks again

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”