Want to buy City-E head

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Bino

Want to buy City-E head

Postby Bino » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:30 pm

Hey guys, it's me from the states.  I'd really like to convert my City Turbo engine to Haltech Fuel injection, especially as I have the Haltech just laying about.  Does anybody have a lead on where I could locate a City-E head (non-CVCC)?  

Or, if somebody would be willing to keep their eyes open when they're poking about the salvage yard that'd be great.  If you went to a bit of trouble to track one down I would pay an appropriate finders fee.

I really think trying to solve average City-Turbo issues will be pretty difficult since I can't get any parts for it here in the states.

P.S. That City Turbo that Cam sent me is great.  I just started it on the pallet this weekend, battery and fuel, started after one crank.  My garage hasn't heard a turbo spool before...

Bino

Re: Want to buy City-E head

Postby Bino » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:20 am

heh, I don't think that last post conveyed how excited I was when I touched the starter wires (ignition was seized so I got to hot-wire it), and the little guy jumped to life and settled into a nice even idle.  I was jumping around like a fool... I love these little engines.  I found it particularly hilarious that the front-cut sitting in my garage had functioning A/C, got a good laugh out of that...

plainCity
Forum Participant

Postby plainCity » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:05 pm

ok b*tch slap me if Im wrong but wouldnt any other E series head fit onto a ER block - if so that makes finding a suitable head a lot easier.

dont know about in the USA but here in Australia we didnt get CVCC on any honda till the 1984 city arrived.

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:59 pm

Bino

Not sure why you want to ditch the CVCC - have a little think about the advantages of a turbo'ed stratified charge engine (which is what the CVCC is.) There is a Mugen chip set around fo rthe CVCC computer, you might find that a bit more interesting than the Haltech running a non CVCC head.

We have a Garret GT17 on our city engine, with CVCC head, valves and all that and it sings quite nicely. I understand that Charles has had quite amazing amounts of power out of these units while still using the CVCC system.

Sounds like you're having fun though!

John

Bino

Postby Bino » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:58 am

plaincity: In the states the first CVCC engine made its debut in 1975, and was the only thing available in Civics after 1979 (for a while thereafter).  The only problem with this is that we didn't get any version of the ER engine.  I'm quite sure that even if I could find a Canadian non-CVCC EJ1 head that it would not fit (although the city manifolds do fit... hmmmm).

JohnT: I would probalby be gung-ho about leaving the CVCC system, but trying to source parts for the ER engine halfway around the world will probably be very difficult.  Especially trying to source go-fast goodies like Mugen chips and such.  Perhaps I'm wrong.

I am aware of the benefits of the CVCC system when turbocharging an engine in that the chances of detonation are greatly minimized.  I'm probably jumping the gun a bit as I don't have the engine installed in the car yet.   But I got it from NZ to my garage.

So, this mugen chip you speak of, is it programmable?  If it's not (and perhaps I'm missing the point), then how is it better than a Haltech (not being arrogant, honestly wondering what benefits it brings).

Thanks guys

Kam
Forum Regular

Postby Kam » Sun May 02, 2004 11:53 pm

I have a city head in my garage that I bought for some research but I'm in Brisbane Australia.  I built a gen1 civic with a T2 engine that ran on LPG but ended up using the cvcc head by intergrading the cvcc port with the rest in the manifold.  

The compression will be alot higher with the non cvcc head.  The valves are the same size and there isn't any more room for bigger ones.  the turbo exhaust manifold fits on and you will have to make a custom inlet.

If you need more info send me a message!

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”