(WTB) City Turbo II Crank..

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Justin
Forum Participant

(WTB) City Turbo II Crank..

Postby Justin » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:02 am

Well I finally got the wife's car all back together, she was breaking it in and then it happened.. bottom end knock :( Pulled it apart and she spun a main bearing :( The block is getting line honed, but it looks like it's in need of a new crank :( In the mean time I bought a city turbo II front cut, and it should be here tomorrow, so I can get her back on the road again, But I would like to have the original as a rebuilt back up... anybody have a crank they wanna sell?

kartracer
Forum Regular

Postby kartracer » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:28 am

just a side not, i suspect that t1 and t2 cranks are identical...i could be wrong. so anyone with a t1 or t2 crank perhaps? we have a t1 crank we would consider selling if it turns out they are the same

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:09 pm

I just pulled the crank out of a T2 engine about 20 mins ago, now I have to decide whether I want to keep it as spare or sell it to you :roll:

The engine wasn't in very good nick, I could feel the play in the big ends with my fingers, not sure how the crank journals were, didnt really check. I probably need to get a micro meter onto it and check the roundness and dia of the things on the crank

kartracer
Forum Regular

Postby kartracer » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:04 pm

hehe bidding war...what is a crank worth? :P

Henry

Postby Henry » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:23 pm

They all have the same stroke and are all ERs so I would think even a ProT one would do the job! where are you located?

Justin
Forum Participant

Postby Justin » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:11 am

Just across the ocean :) I'm also going to need a gasket kit again :( ohwell, perhaps I should order up a few spares.. anyone knwo where I can find a oil pump?

James

Postby James » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:24 pm

I pulled one of those out too :lol: I tihnk you can still buy those new here, im pretty sure they replaced it when the re-coed my engine. Ill ask colza about it.

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Ti crank and flywheel also available

Postby spangleking » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:40 pm

Hi I have a used T1 crank in Dunedin may be able to get it to Compton CA for cheap and you arrange the rest of freight from there. Its a spare one free happy to oblige. Came out of a running car. I feel unless yours is cracked you would be better metal spraying journals etc if anything needs doing over there????

Justin
Forum Participant

Postby Justin » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:14 am

thanks for the replies.. the shop is trying to see if the crank is salvagable, I'm hoping so.. then the only things required will be the rebuild kits again(and a new oil pump) any luck on finding a part # bigelboe?

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:54 am

Bigelboe, your motor did not get a new oil pump. The old one was perfectly within spec apart from the drivepin which was f**ked, so only the drivepin was replaced.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if its the same as a NA city oil pump tho...

James

Postby James » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:04 pm

One thing I noticed while pulling apart the motor is everything that is unique to the honda city turbo 2 has PD1 stamped into it, this is Hondas internal code for them, this includes block, pistons, rods, manifolds, ECU's.

Everything that came from other cars has different internal codes, the waterpump housing is PA0, and something else has some other number on it, but Ive forgotten, Ill go grab the oil pump and check it it has any stampings.

PD1-Z stamped on it, Im pretty sure that means its unique to the city turbo.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”