City Turbo II wanted. UK based but would ship from NZ / Oz

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
nominous

City Turbo II wanted. UK based but would ship from NZ / Oz

Postby nominous » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:25 am

Hi.
I'm crazy.

I want a City Turbo II. In Good condition, perhaps not concourse but close would be nice :)
I'm in the UK so consider that it'd need shipping over here. I have a mate doing a tour of Oz right now tho he is in Thailand presently, so he would view for me.
Just need someone willing to let him see it then get it ready for shipping over to England.

Would do bank transfer so would like to see some vouches.
I have plenty.
I admin the Uk Honda CRX forum and have dealt with a lot of yanks via ebay and HondaTech and several European guys too.

So, what's available :)

Dave

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:23 pm

Gday, NZ is probably a better place to be looking to source one, they are usually about half the price here for the same condition. Keep aneye on http://www.trademe.co.nz, thats our version of Ebay, there are usually a couple on there. And you might be able to find someone on here willing to pick it up and get it packaged and shit with the right kind of incentive.

Good luck, It would be a seriously unique ride in the UK, just as a thought what are your importing laws like now? I know you cant import a car in drivable condition any older than 1996 into NZ now I would have thought something similar over there.

nominous

Postby nominous » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:02 pm

It's opposite way round for us.
Importing a newer car means it has to be SVA'd (Single Vehicle Approval) so say something like a Civic Type-R EK9 and you need to change lots of stuff and costs quite a bit.
I think it's anything after 1996/7.
To import a City, all I'd have to do is change it into MPH (sometimes you get away without, but it's just a new face for the speedo) and fit a rear fog light if it doesn't already have one.
Emissions are a joke.
A CRX SiR passes without a cat at 5% of what is actually allowed :twisted:
Then it needs a MOT doing (yearly roadworthy check), fee for numberplates and that's it !!

I don't know of anyone that has one, just a few of us looking at them and certainly no one's ever posted up about them on the forums.

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:02 pm

Hi, i will be selling one of my T2's in the next few weeks or so and listing it on the forum if you are still looking. Its a little rough around the edges but still a T2. If you want some more details send me an email and ill get back to you.

branko
Forum Participant

Postby branko » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:41 am

Hi, I've got a Honda City T2 in excellent condition, the motor has just been reconditioned a few months ago. if u send me an email address i'll send you some pics. regards Branko, [email protected]

whitecity
Forum Regular

Postby whitecity » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:37 pm

branko wrote:Hi, I've got a Honda City T2 in excellent condition, the motor has just been reconditioned a few months ago. if u send me an email address i'll send you some pics. regards Branko, [email protected]

hi there.. looking at the gallery and found pics u posted. im assuming tats ur T2?

body colour condition seems great. has it been thru a respray? mind if i ask how much did it set u back?

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”