Need help....fuel pump

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Danmox
Forum Participant

Need help....fuel pump

Postby Danmox » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:11 pm

Howdy, first post on the site. I have a honda city turbo as most of you have and last week my fuel pump failed on me. I need to grab another one but i dont think you can just pick one up from a scrapyard somewhere. Isit possible to find a fuel pump for a city turbo these days. Should it be specifically for the city turbo? Or can it be a high performance HONDA fuel pump? if that makes sense. please reply, if you know where i can get one then please get back to me ASAP. I live in Perth, Western Australia, Australia.

Danmox
Forum Participant

Postby Danmox » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:23 am

I've been reading the forums and I beleive that my city is the T1 if that helps. cause i dunno if theres a difference between the T1 and T2 fuel pumps. And another thing. Is the car supposed to run on gas? I'v bin filling mine with unleaded with valve master but it says gas on the petrol cap.....hell psyched out. get back to me

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:56 am

You can use a VL turbo fuel pump, they are pretty easy to fit apparently. They run on unleaded, but prefer premium especially if you're running more boost.

Danmox
Forum Participant

Postby Danmox » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:02 pm

I have been to a website on the net with a VL fuel pump. Can you tell me if its a suitable one?
http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/hpiab2/category10_1.htm
comes under: Bosch VL Turbo 400hp External Fuel Pump. Is this the right one?

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:28 pm

yeah premium unleaded no need for valvemaster :o

Danmox
Forum Participant

Postby Danmox » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:39 pm

Just want to be 100% sure. Your saying that the Bosch VL Turbo fuel pump will fit the city turbo? and the one I linked to is the one your describing? Just to be sure before I buy it.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:58 pm

You just need any external fuel pump, you will need to make a bracket to make that fit but it will be very easy, you may also be able to modify the existing bracket.

Many other hondas came out with exactly the same fuel pump, some preludes and some civics. If you go to a honda wreckers and go "can I have one of those external EFI fuel pumps that came on those mid 80's hondas, they should know what you are talking about, my last one cost me $20

Danmox
Forum Participant

Postby Danmox » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:05 pm

i've benn talking to a mate and he said something about a high pressure pump opposed to the low pressure ones. Does that sound right? Will I losae performance by purchasing a low pressure pump?

James

Postby James » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Car won't go with a low pressure pump. Just do what I suggested, trust me :D

davo
Donating Member

Postby davo » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:51 am

I have a vl turbo fuel pump in my car. I havent had any problems with it. Will also help alot if your thinking about putting in bigger injectors. Fits pretty well into the old bracket, From what i can recall. You may need a little more fuel hose as the vl pump is longer than the standard one.

James

Postby James » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:50 am

Standard honda pump is good for up to 150ish HP I believe, so unless your planning on running a whole lot more boost youll be sweet.

Danmox
Forum Participant

Postby Danmox » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:20 am

i went out and bought a new fuel pump($230) after about 2½ hours of removing the last one. got home. installed it. only for it to not work. after cursing and not knowing what to do we checked the fuel line that comes straight into the engine. whatever it is called. opened it up and placed a bottle in there. tried starting the car only to find that no fuel was coming out still. we grabbed the old fuel pump and touched the terminal leads onto the appropriate charges on teh battery. to see that the old one was still functioning. this made us realise that the pump itself was not getting power. we traced the positive cable to just under the dash infront of the passenger seat and realised that it had been disconnected, but not visibly( not that stupid....) connected this wire and hey presto. one working honda city thrash machine. thats my story. read my post in general discussion about my turbo wastegate controller....need help.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”