Waikato T2 URGENT SALE

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
hoovermatic

Waikato T2 URGENT SALE

Postby hoovermatic » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:45 am

Hi guys, I've had this T2 for about a year now, its only done 108,000 ks and went really well when I drove it from Pukekohe to Paeroa where it is now. I've got 2 weeks to get rid of it so call me on 092381363 and save it from the crusher. It needs putting back together to drive, but all parts are there. The bidding starts at $50.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: Waikato T2 URGENT SALE

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:34 am

Hey what excatly needs putting back together?

hoovermatic

Postby hoovermatic » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:42 pm

All the parts were cleaverly hung/balanced in place for the photograph above. It was fun poking it with a stick and watching all the bits fall off afterwards.

What needs putting back on? Well here goes.....

front bumper
radiator
head lights
front guards
bonnet
alternator
air conditioning
wireing loom
windscreen
steering column
steering wheel
pedals
dash
doors
front seats
back seat
seat belts
tail gate
tail lights
plastic trim (all of it)
rear bumper

To drive it away, you will need a Jamie Oliver cook book and a cheese grater.

city_sleepa
Forum Participant

Postby city_sleepa » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:59 pm

hey man. sounds like a bit of work. just wondering where u r located. city sleepa  :)

hoovermatic

Postby hoovermatic » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:12 am

I'm in Pukekohe but the city lives in Ngatea at my ex girlfriends place. Just so everyone knows, I've been contacted by turbo2 (aka Mark from Hamilton) who showed interest in this car back in October last year. Back then I was a bit indecisive about selling it, however a pissed off ex girlfriend sending me nasty text messages, and a lack of usable shed space has forced me to reconsider.

Yes it is a bit of work but all the parts are laid out nicely, ready to be refitted. I guess that whoever takes it will probibly just throw all the bits inside and tow it. If I spent a day on it, I could have it drivable again but I'd rather not go there cause my ex is a psychopath who would probibly kill me given half a chance.

Of course, I could always keep the honda and sell my fathers xj6 jag to make room in the shed here in Pukekohe but somehow I dont think that will be happening.

In case you were wondering, I'm not just in to wrecking cars for the hell of it. I striped it right out to expose all of the rust in its full glory, then I had planned on only putting back what was absolutely nessasary to reduce the weight as much as possible. I figured if I did a tidy enough job of removing all the fittings and covering them up, when it came to wof time, I could just say that the lack of things like back seats was factory standard on this car, kind of like a turbo 2 "E" model.

I've owned three of these little cars now and learned a lot from them, and from this site. Once I have a good shed sorted out again I'm going to look for a crx to play with. I owned one a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Maybe I could pop a city turbo motor in it and see how it goes.

samman

Postby samman » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:32 pm

Hey there,
I'm very interested in getting this as a project car/first car. It would be quite handy for me as well since I live just through the gorge in Waihi (since the car is in Paeroa or was it Ngatea?). I was just wondering, is the rust structural? And what kind of condition is the engine in?
Thanks,
Sam

hoovermatic

Postby hoovermatic » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:25 am

The engine is in good condition except for the turbo which hasn't been running for quite some time not. It is not unusual to have to replace a turbo as it seems to be the part with the shortest life span on the whole car. As stated above, the cars only done just over 100,000ks. Rust is a typical problem with any japaneese car of this age, however out of the three city turbo I've owned this one has the least. About half the rust has been repaired and the rest has been treated to stop it from getting any worse. The only structural rust it has is in the floor on the drivers side and theres a couple of patches in the bottom of one of the front guards and above the rear window on the passengers side. The doors, tail gate bonnet and the other front guard are completely rust free. Also it doesn't have a sun roof which is actually a good thing cause they're prone to rusting out as well. I've had the windscreen out and have repaired rust around the bottom corners of the screen. Then I used heaps of fish oil and and sealed it up to try to prevent the rust from coming back. So many of the citys I've looked at have had the rust hidden around these areas and thats what finally kills them. The only modifications are a big bore exhaust and shortened gear stick. The rest of the parts are in good condition, no cracks in the dash etc. but you will need to find another carpet as the one that was in it was rotten. It also comes with a nice set of standard honda mags (see photo above) but the tyres are a bit sad and will probibly need replacing.

vrv8calais

Postby vrv8calais » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:13 pm

Hi, can you check your email address that you have in your profile, I've been emailing you for the last couple of days and, BTW, what sort of money do you are you interested in?? 8)

Turbo2
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo2 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:18 pm

:-/
Sorry Guyz  

Sold Today  :-[

fireslug
Forum Regular

Postby fireslug » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:59 am

Yo Dood,

I have 5 of these thangs now. I've developed an addition to them, despite not having the bread to rebuilding 2 of them.

I'm writing to get your email address in the event that you might be able to help me with advise in putting the ones I have back together again.

I currently have:
1 x T1
3 x TII's
1 x Cabriolet

If you can help or are interested, please mail me back.

[email protected]

Cheers

Ric

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:21 am

If you need any help just post a message up in the fourms and we will try to help.

Cheers
Ben

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”