1984 City R parting out for real! Updated Parts List

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
James
Moderator / Donating Member

1984 City R parting out for real! Updated Parts List

Postby James » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:58 pm

Hey guys, found more and more rust in the city so we had to ditch it and get another car.

Sooo all parts on this city are now fair game.

I have dogily 'repaired' all of the visible rust with structural (:lol:) sealant and bits of steel. Will possibly get a warrant but I wouldn't really want anyone driving it. Live rego plates (with about a week of rego left) could be good for someone with a good body and dead rego, Rego says 1984 City E. Rust was on the firewall behind the strut towers on both sides, front and rear wheel arches just behind the wheels, and a very small amount on the drivers A pillar where the door seals.

Engine is in average condition, runs well when warm, bit rough when its cold. Transmission works well (3spd Hondamatic). Willing to part out the engine/drivetrain if anyone needs anything. Its an n/a CVCC with all the emissions stuff because its JDM.

Interior is mint apart from the upholstery on the seats. Carpet is in very good nick, dash also complete with AM radio. Instrument cluser has mechanical tacho (also possibly already sold).

Front suspension is good, quite firm, rear left shock is leaking a little but rear right looks OK. Rear and front swaybar available too.

Removable panels are all very straight, just have shit paint. Doors, hatch, bonnet and guards are very nearly dent free and I believe completely rust free (amazingly). I can strip and prime these for extra cost if desired (high quality 2-pak epoxy primer).

Has fender mirrors although someone already has dibbs on these.

All lights are good.

All glass is good.

Headliner is good.

Working A/C!

Everything is offers, cmon guys I don't wanna see any of this go to the crusher!

Last edited by James on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fireslug
Forum Regular

YO Bigelboe

Postby fireslug » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:03 am

How much you want for the ride dood?

James

Postby James » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:13 pm

Hey Ric,

Decided It would be better to get it through at least this warrant as I probably wouldn't get enough for it to bother selling it. I have just about finished the rust work on it, so we will see if it passes its warrant shortly!

James

Postby James » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:40 pm

bump for actually selling bits now :3

James

Postby James » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:25 pm

OK Pulled some parts out today.

Rear dogbone engine torque mount with a urethane insert to make it pretty much solid. This was using bar stock urethane so it shouldn't flog out like the windscreen sealant ones do over time. Makes the car a little bit noiser and makes the dash vibrate with the engine a bit but still perfectly daily drivable. - $20

Very Near New dizzy cap with near new 8.0mm Recpo leads - $30 - Work for turbo too. Costs about $50 from memory.

Dizzy with with functioning ignitor and leaky vacuum advance - $30 - not sure about this one, might keep the ignitor myself as spare cause they are like $110.

Entire air-con system $50. Price reflects how much time it will take me to remove it. All in good working order, this plus a $100 gas recharge kit from TM and you have working A/C for summer.

Carpet - $30 washed in primo condition - Blue :D

Interior Panels - $20

C'mon peoples, buy my stuff, you know you want spares. Open to offers on anything.

DODO
Donating Member

Postby DODO » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:37 pm

hey there do you happen to have a picture of entire AC system? not just compressor but the whole thing?

James

Postby James » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:12 am

I havn't taken it out yet, but it will look pretty similar to this:

for a 1979 Civic. Just with the compressor in a slightly different place, no alternator and the radiator and condensor a little different :P

darren
Forum Participant

Postby darren » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 pm

G day mate i would like the air con system including brackets (if they fit the T2) from the firewall out if possible and of course if DODO didn't take it.

Unsure of freight to Aus, this may prove to be a bit much.

DODO
Donating Member

Postby DODO » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:23 pm

hey i just took my car into the garage to paint the whole car and dont know if i can work on the AC at the moment :? =( will contact you after im done and if you still have it! :wink:

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:58 am

Hi Bigelboe just wondering how much you would want for a bottom pulley and top and bottom belt covers you would only need to post them to OZ ?? please please help me lol?????

James

Postby James » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:14 am

PM'd

James

Postby James » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:31 am

darren wrote:G day mate i would like the air con system including brackets (if they fit the T2) from the firewall out if possible and of course if DODO didn't take it.

Unsure of freight to Aus, this may prove to be a bit much.

I have pulled all of that out now, will get a price for freight to aus early next week probably. Make sure your sitting down when you check back for the price tho :P

Anyone need any other parts off this car? It will go to the crusher soon. :cry:

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

parts

Postby classichondasrule » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:34 am

hi, i was wondering how much for the rear seatbelts?

birdman

Postby birdman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:29 am

Hi Bigelboe,

As a new member I haven`t introduced but I do it this way then.
I`m Perry and living in the Netherlands and we have a Honda Jazz triomatic 1985.
It is one of the very last in town but still running fine.
In that way I`m looking for parts and studying the pictures I surely could use some. Parts overhere is a very thin matter...
Would sending to Europe be a problem?

Thanks,
Perry

polygon

Postby polygon » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:48 am

Hi,
I'm wondering how much for yer water pump?

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”