Its time to go.... T2 on the goldy

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
tom
Forum Participant

Its time to go.... T2 on the goldy

Postby tom » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Ok well the turbo has slowly been on its way out for the last couple of weeks and i have been meaning to get it off the road and replace it. That was until today. I've resulted in using my car to get to uni and on my way my turbo has shit itself. I'm really not sure but i'm assuming that the turbo seal has gone and oil has now pumped in throught the intercooler piping (not even sure if this is possible but its the only thing i can think that has happened). Symptoms consist of a grindy turbine wheel, intense white smoke out of the exhaust and all my oil has ended up in the front mount.

I've recently had to drop my job becasue of third year uni and so my funds do not allow me to persist with the T2... So pretty much i'm just going to have to bite the bullet and sell as unrego'd (due to blown turbo)

Engine:
- 2.5 inch dump and exhaust
- front mount intercooler
- HDi Dual stage boost controller
- Stainless intake pipe with K & N pod (also have made a cold Air Induction box that just needs to be fitted)
- Turbo Smart FCD
- Razo Turbo Timer
- Relocated the battery to boot using quality wire and box
- on the odometer it says 9100 k but as you most likely know its probably 109100, 209100 k

Transmission:
- Replaced gearbox approx 13000Km ago (Second Synch has started to crunch when doing quick shifts. I believe with a new oil change and some gearbox additive it may be fixed)

Suspension/ Tyres:
- Mx-5 sports up front with reconditioned struts
- Pedders shocks in rear
- 15 inch speedy rims sprayed black and covered with toyo's (fronts are nearing to be replaced)

Interior/ random:
- autometer boost guage (50 or 60mm. nothing ridiculous)
- pioneer mp3 head deck with 6x9's and 6" up front (not sure what brand the 6")
- i have side kits for it that came with but i removed them as don't like the look

Pros:
- I have spent quite a fair bit of money on this car (it sounds ridiculous but up around the $7000 mark. and thats what i can think of)
- It really is a fun car that (before the turbo went) kept up with my mates RB20det vl and showed up another friends xr6 turbo up the mountains
- Apart from the rip and a couple of cigarette burns in the back (not from my ownership) the interior is in very tidy condition.
- Have regularly serviced with nulon oils and quality filters
- All in all the car gets lots of interest and in my opinion looks the ducks nuts with the black rims on white paint

Cons:
- Obviously the turbo needs replacing (if thats whats wrong with it. i'm pretty sure thats all it needs though cause it has run really well up until the turbo started to whine and not boost)
- typical honda city idle hunt occurs sometimes (if you read up on it its not too hard to sort out but i literally have zero time on my hands)
- paint work isn't crash hot in some places due to little bits of surface rust (nothing major and i have put inhibitor on them just not patch sprayed yet) mainly under fuel cap, on rear left guard and in the join underneath the back indicators
- tinting is starting to bubble on passenger and rear

Heres my gallery with pics. These were taken late last year i think and nothing much has changed. If people want any more photos then let me know

http://cityturbo.com/forums/garage.php? ... cle&CID=65

Well i love this car to bits and i really am annoyed to have to let it go but it is getting in the way of me completing uni and my parents hate me having two cars in the driveway. I have been as honest as possible and hope people take that into consideration when giving me offers. Ideally i'm looking at $2000. This is a very good price when comparing to the one i went to have a look at on the north side which sold for the same amount. Anyway share your thoughts and interests

Regards, Thomas
Last edited by tom on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MUnity
Forum Regular

Postby MUnity » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Finally! A Turbo for sale. I'm calling first dibs. Will PM in a moment :D

rustyhornet
Forum Regular

shame your up in QLD

Postby rustyhornet » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:53 am

Hi there Tom...
Looks like you've got one of the less common first series T2's judging by the Black interior & analogue Tacho/gauge cluster!

Good luck with the sale, however I doubt you will need that... :lol:

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:25 pm

I've seen this car and its in good nic. GL with the sale Tom.

DODO
Donating Member

Postby DODO » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:00 pm

all the best with your sale =)

tom
Forum Participant

Postby tom » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:54 pm

The car has sold... going to a very good home which eases the pain of having to let it go

Dxs
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Dxs » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:55 pm

what state is it going to?

tom
Forum Participant

Postby tom » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Its staying in Queensland... A forum member from Brisbane bought it

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:35 pm

hmmm who could it be..