WANTED - honda city engine and gear box

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
shermin

WANTED - honda city engine and gear box

Postby shermin » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:16 am

Hey people
recently i have heard that with slight modifications to a honda city engine and gearbox it can be fitted into a morris mini. I am quite interested in this and am asking if anyone knows more about this and would like to put in sum food for thought then that would be apprecated, And if anyone is selling then i am interested. cheers

tristanp

Re: WANTED - honda city engine and gear box

Postby tristanp » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:49 am

i dont thing its poss, the mini had so littly width in the front the gearbox had to be under the engine.
the driveshafts would be a nightmare , also the height of the city engine would be prohibitive.
the only way to fit a city engine into a mini would be behind the front seats by grafting a complete subframe/engine/box  into the rear

tur8ociv
Forum Participant

Postby tur8ociv » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:15 pm

Hi Shermin,

If you want to get your mini really movin then why not go for a VTEC 1600 B series engine. I'm sure a lot of people will say it can't be done but it can. Just do a google search.

Here's one I did in about 30 secs

http://www.plmini.com/vtech.htm

Cheers.

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:45 pm

another option is a turbo Suzuki GTI swift motor.. there are quite a few good conversions done already, and one fella here in brisbane had an absolutely wicked one.  
Andy

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:51 pm

Admittedly to get teh B16 in they have to cut a hell of a lot, widen the chassis rails and strengthen everything in sight, but they did get it in. So it would be safe to say that a City Turbo motor should go in without NEARLY as much trouble.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”