FOR SALE: HONDA CITY TURBO II 1984 TRADEME $1 DOLLAR RESERVE

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
City_Ridah
Forum Regular

FOR SALE: HONDA CITY TURBO II 1984 TRADEME $1 DOLLAR RESERVE

Postby City_Ridah » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Hey guys,

Would like to let you know that my Honda City Turbo II is up on trademe and it's gotta go. Will be leaving town in a month so must sell!!!

It's going for a dollar reserve so get in quick for a good deal.

The link to the auction is http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... ermanent=0

Been a lovely rollercoaster ride with this car and with you guys!!!

Will definately still be part of the community

Thanks for all your help when I needed it

Regards,

Amin

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Good luck with the sale bro!

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Cost of shipping to Perth WA.....? :shock:

If anyone sees a city like this for sale in WA let me know 8)

City_Ridah
Forum Regular

Postby City_Ridah » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Thanks Bigleboe! And Anthraxx an online quote of 2700 AUD for shipping to aus but I can try to hunt around for a cheaper price if interested. cheers

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:48 pm

You know I am seriously considering it. Had alook at a importing website already. More worried about all the possiable hidden costs n fees I may be stung with...but yeah am very interested. 8)

City_Ridah
Forum Regular

Postby City_Ridah » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Yeah I can see what you mean, specially with Australia being a lot more strict on their cars in terms of WOF's and certain standards and so on.

Would be great if one of the forum members won it, that way ill know for sure they'd take care of her =)

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Well I've registered on Trademe at any rate, so maybe ( depending on the price ) will jump in the deep end & buy it & sortout the whole Importing thing then :shock: I'd have to spend $10000 easy to get my turbo anywhere near as neat as yours is.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:15 pm

ANTHRAXXX wrote:Well I've registered on Trademe at any rate, so maybe ( depending on the price ) will jump in the deep end & buy it & sortout the whole Importing thing then :shock: I'd have to spend $10000 easy to get my turbo anywhere near as neat as yours is.

count on buying a cooler that fits, new front bumper and interior, that stuff is hideous!

but looks like a good solid base for tidyup and further modification with all of the rust taken care of, bar the bootlid of course not too bad to fix in a removable panel.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:01 am

haha yeeeeah agree with u abit there, interior & bumper are easy enough :wink: Will be watching it anyways. Anyone know much about the whole importing thing? Assuming I wouldnt be wanting to drive the car from the Freo port to my house I'd just be up for shipping cost, 'steam cleaning' costs...import tax...gst...all that fun stuff...But they dont do things like ' Ooo The car cant leave the docks till that exhaust is removed...that radiator isn't allowed..ride height is too low ' etc etc..? shouldn't be more difficult than having a piano shipped over really 8) about teh same size/weight :p

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Theres posts on here about importing them into aus, very expensive and painful. Side intrusion bars have to be fitted, and the car has to be in tip top shape mechanically.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:37 pm

Yeah I was trying to find that one again...someone imported a standard cit & wound up costing $15,000 or something...read that on here somewhere.. :shock:

connorling
Forum Regular

Postby connorling » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:54 pm

just the pit in australia is gay.............

also for such a old age car, the pit wont go easy on u. especially u have a huge FMIC.

getting rego is very hard indeed.

City_Ridah
Forum Regular

Postby City_Ridah » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Hey Anthraxxx I noticed that you have bid on the auction. Best of luck.

I must warn you though that the doors are shaved (no door handle/lock) and only open/popout through a button so I am not sure whether that is legal in Australia? Might wanna find out about that.

Also from the infobase (if you havnt looked at it already) viewtopic.php?t=27 this might be very handy for you. Might wanna get in touch with "turbo2_83" regarding this.

The car does rev hunt aswell, which is as you already probably know is a common problem in the city turbos, forgot to mention that on the listing.

Best of luck and regards,

Amin

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Hey Yeap threw a bid in..drive the price up if nothign else 8) For me to import it it takes 28 days or something to get the paperwork done, otherwise it'l sit on the docks & I'II be paying storage :? Soooo just isnt enough time for me to grab it I think :( Unless I just take the plunge, buy it, and you leave it somewhere there till I sort everything out :shock:

City_Ridah
Forum Regular

Postby City_Ridah » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Ah I see, well i can ask the old folks if it's cool by them to keep it aside for another month and take it in whenever you're ready?

Will let you know, I'll have a chat with them about it.

Cheers

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”