Wanted - City Turbo - UK

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Misssaint88

Wanted - City Turbo - UK

Postby Misssaint88 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi,

It seem's totally impossible to find one of these amazing car's in the UK and i am desperate to get my hand's on one.

If anyone who is selling is willing to ship to the UK that would be amazing or know place's where to find them where they are for sale.

Thanks

x

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:23 am

hi and welcome :) i have to say i have been where you are now and i found out how much it would would cost to import a City turbo from Japan, based on the car actually being brought for about £1000 and it worked out at about £3500 - £4000 and until i can do that i have my N/A Jazz/City but i will have one one day, i do know of there being 4 City Turbos in th UK but i do know of somebody trying to find and import one too he found a nice one but it would have cost him £4500 so is waiting for a bit lol, i want to go over to Australia and New Zealand fill a couple of containers and bring a few back then restore them sell all but 2 but that's another day thing lol so i have a Jazz ( for now :twisted: :twisted: ) lol good luck on your Quest because if there is a way we could get a couple or three over together and save some £, then i'm up for it, lol

I have to say i get a lot of enjoyment doing things and driving my Jazz i can only imagine having a City Turbo for now, let's hope we both get one soon :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) 8) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :?: :shock: :oops: :oops: :D :D :D 8)

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:23 am

If you could get a NA one you were prepared to work on, i have a spare turbo motor, full wiring harness, gearbox etc you could convert a NA one fully to turbo specs and it would be a LOT cheaper than importing one.

OR if you REALLY do want a whole turbo model i have experience with exporting as i have exported quite a bit to the states im sure i could arrange it.

Misssaint88

Postby Misssaint88 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:52 am

HAHA i would love to help import some together to the UK if it make it cheaper for us to do more than one together.
At the moment i drive a 97 EJ9 1.4i civic.

When i saw one of these though i fell in love and now i superly want one!!!

and er whats a NA?

ClassicProT
Forum Regular

Postby ClassicProT » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:06 pm

NA = Naturally Aspirated i.e. non-turbo

Misssaint88

Postby Misssaint88 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Where would i get a non turbo one from? and i'd love to work on one.

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:06 pm

we got the city in the UK from 84-85 they were called Jazz as the City name was already being used, there was a limited number, i've heard two different amounts 200 or 600 well last year there were 40 Jazz'z on the UK roads but i'm sure that's gone down a little now lol there was one on ebay a few weeks ago, i missed buying it but it went for £670 now it needed work but was Quite tidy. whatever you find you would have to be prepared to make some changes as the poor UK model was made for economy and the engines don't modify well, but take a look at how mine is progressing lol

http://cityturbo.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

she's not finished yet lol but i am enjoying doint it lol

if you wanted to you could come and take a look at mine, i live in the midlands junction 14 of the M6 P.S. here's a quick run down recap for ya ...............

http://www.hondaclassiccars.co.uk/jazz.htm

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:40 pm

okay manadged to remember this jazz is for sale but it's a bit pricey for it's condition, but if i had the money to throw at it i would still have it lol
take a look

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C143672/

Misssaint88

Postby Misssaint88 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Where did you get your's cause i wouldnt mind one of them an then converting it.

Misssaint88

Postby Misssaint88 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:58 pm

oOoOoOoOoOo......IM SUPER TEMPTED :D

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:26 am

So i guess i ment the Jazz if you got one i could provide parts to convert it to the Turbo motor

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:04 am

erm i would like to know how much that would cost me to have a kit off you and shipped to the UK 3G, absolutley interested in that, Very Very :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8) 8) 8) :shock:

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 am

You'd need a cylinder head, manifolds, turbo, sensors, wiring and an ECU.

Gonna be heavy! Probably 40kg+?

Misssaint88

Postby Misssaint88 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:50 pm

Well iv found 2, one in japan which is convertable and one in the uk.

I let you know if i get my hands on either.

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:59 am

would the UK one be a cabriolet pink triomatic ? i nearly went for that but i wanted to pay lees than he would let it go for, i think pink lowered what i would pay but you may like pink, lol :? :oops: :D :D :lol: good luck and please let us know what you get, and show us some pics please, thanks 8) 8) 8) 8)

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”