T1 Brake Master Cylinder

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Bluebird51

T1 Brake Master Cylinder

Postby Bluebird51 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm in need of a brake master cylinder or repair kit for a T1......The problem is, I'm in Tallmadge, Ohio- USA. Is it possible to get a new one shipped to the States?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri May 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Have you tried getting your one repaired? Its likely a decent brake shop could find parts that would work. Even if they have to bore and sleeve the MC.

Bluebird51

T1 Master Cylinder

Postby Bluebird51 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:43 pm

As far as rebuilding, I could not find a kit here in the States for a Honda 3/4" master cylinder. The only problem was that the brakes were staying on slightly after a hard stop. If I would break the line at the master to release the line pressure every thing went back to normal......So I assumed it was the master cylinder. :roll: But after some carefull checking, I found that the master vac's output pushrod was pushing on the cylinder ever so slighly. I adjusted the Brake pedal so there was no force on the master Vac's input pushrod-That made no differece. So, As a rube goldberg repair, I put a thin flat washer between the master vac and the master cylinder mount bolts, and poof the problem was fixed! Has anyone ever had this Trouble? :?:

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”