Vaccume advance unit - desperate!!

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
DR86
Forum Enthusiast

Vaccume advance unit - desperate!!

Postby DR86 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:21 pm

I'm calling to all over Australia, and fellow Brothers over in New Zealand.

I'm in desperate need of a vac advance unit. Older members may remember me last year annoying them about one; please note that I'm still without the device.

I'm getting highly irritated by the effects that a perished unit gives (high idle, backfires when you try to retard timing, etc...).

So if you can help, contact me via E-mail:

[email protected]

Thankyou

DR86.

HondaNick

Re: Vaccume advance unit - desperate!!

Postby HondaNick » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:37 pm

I was just wondering I have just got a honda city turbo 1 and Dad said I have the same problem with the vacum advance. Does this make the engine lose power. I am sorry its not a message saying I have one, because I need to find one as well, I was just wondering as I am new to these little beasts.

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:10 pm

DR86, sounds like you have more than a vac canister problem. I had mine re-built by a mob in Melbourne and ran without it for over a week. Didn't do any of the things you are talking about. In fact, with normal driving, didn't miss it a bit. You still have your centrifugal advance working so you will just be short a few degrees and probably not retard as much if you really kick it. I was under the hood of a Toyota Hi-Lux ute the other day, the unit looked identical to mine. I have the model and engine details here somewhere but can't find it at the moment. I haven't put them side by side or checked the amounts of advance. Looks like the Honda figures are Max centrifugal, 4.5deg    Max Vac. 6.5deg and 3deg. I presume these are the two chambers, giving a total of 9.5deg on top of the 4.5 centrifugal. Does anyone have anything to add to this. I'll go look for the Toyota details. Henry

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:37 pm

Hey, found it!!  It was a Toyota Hilux with a 22 R1 engine of 2.4 litres.   I'm not saying this is a suitable replacement at this stage because I have not been able to check it yet, but it am saying that it looks the same, the fitting sleeve looks the same size, and it is definately worth checking out. Please advise the forum if you can advise more.   Henry

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:36 pm

Westmore Honda off Coronation Drive in Brisbane can import them from HOnda Japan.

Original parts.  10 day to get here.   209 dollars.

hope that helps., you wan their phone number???

Im probably gunna get one as soon as I get SOME money.

hopefully
Smithy....

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”