ANOTHER CITY FOR SALE PERTH

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

ANOTHER CITY FOR SALE PERTH

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:46 pm

crispy
Forum Regular

Re: ANOTHER CITY FOR SALE PERTH

Postby crispy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Went and saw this last night (bit of a drive though).

Being sold by some little old lady, it used to be her late husbands car.
For anyone interested, here is what i found (trying to be as objective as possible).
-body isn't too bad, few spots of rust near sunroof and on hatch in the usual spot. bad patch just above the drivers door.
-Interior was average, seats a little torn but usable. dash in ok condition but a few things moved/ missing.
- Had stickers from a turbo place (can't remember if it was turbotech or something) so it would seem like the turbo was replaced/ rebuilt at some point?
BUT (here is the kicker/ reason i didn't pick it up) when she started it, first thing i noticed was an engine mount must be dead, because the engine was moving around a little and there was some kind of knocking/ rattling noise. She says its always been there and it never bothered them, but it turned me off a fair bit.

Has the usual hunting idle issue as well.
Could be nothing, could be something, i just didn't want to take the risk again :P

Krgracing
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Postby Krgracing » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:13 am

I also went and looked at this bus, I would have grabbed it but a week prior I bought a city turbo 2 from Conner In Perth.
I still went and had a look at it though, last Wednesday the 7th of August. It was $1500 negotiable but after I got there and test drove the price was a mistake and the asking price was $2000.

I left it at that point. The interior and exterior need some work and the engine has a loud knocking noise but runs fine. Also the hunting idle I know nothing about. Pretty honest car though. Pity the price went up.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:07 pm

lol Beware the Little old Lady! Congrats. buying Connor's car. Be good to see it at a cruise though I think you live far from Perth city?

Krgracing
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Postby Krgracing » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks, I live in Bunbury and been looking for a bull dog for about 5 years.
This city turbo 2 is great, just gotta sort out the engine mount issue. It has an aggressive clutch shudder when taking off in first, other gears is ok.
I think it's the engine mounts. Conner sorted out most of the mechanics of the car, it fairly goes though. I think better than stock. But haven't driven any others.
A city cruise would be a sight to behold.
Thanks.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:04 am

Yeh Connor's always ran pretty quick. Myself & him did a gopro shoot at Burswood with our City's - Basically stuck it on the outside of the car & chased eachother around. Connor said he could keep up with me through the coners as his shocks weren't as good as mine. Apparently mine has had some 'new' shocks fitted in the past when the previous owner imported it from QLD. I should look through his recipts to see if there's a brand etc. Only other City T2 I've ridden in is Johns or Threebok who used to be on here but his account has been closed or something. Anyways his has had a total engine rebuild. I would say from being in it that it has about 15% more Grunt than mine. not very scientific but anyways...it was faster/more powerful. But as John will tell u it's not exactly Cheap to have a engine redone here in WA :p

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:07 am

Perth T2 gathering - sorry only have the Arty-Farty version of this pic :p John's is first on the left, then Connors, then mine.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:08 am

Cruise Cam ;)

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”