T2 IN USA

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

T2 IN USA

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:32 pm

crispy
Forum Regular

Re: T2 IN USA

Postby crispy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Hmmm... I'm moving to the US very soon... will have to look into these people.

9k is a touch pricey for a T2 considering you don't really know how many Km's it's truly done.

Also, in the pics it shows it has KYB suspension... that's quite a find!

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:36 am

Be cool to see it in person, I don't really like Black cars though :p It's probably 9k only because it's *rare* in the us, and there was that one that sold on Ebay us for what was it, $10,500 or so...

Have you tried lowering any of your City's? is it a spring cut thing or can you buy a shorter length spring off the shelf from somewhere....

crispy
Forum Regular

Postby crispy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Yeah, i would want to see it first as well, except they will be on the opposite side of the country to where i will be :(
but seeing as they are importable, i could just bring in my own for a lot less then 9k (or find an elusive March SuperTurbo)

Never tried lowering them, but it is just spring height which determines car height.
i know you can get springs re-wound and lower them that way as well (far better than cutting them) or you can fit a completely different spring which would give you a different height and potentially a different spring rate.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:22 pm

How long now till your off to the states? I keep checking gumtree for your City :p

crispy
Forum Regular

Postby crispy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Heh... not too long now.

I'll PM you about my City.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:31 am

ANTHRAXXX wrote:http://www.japaneseclassicsllc.com/

Just a quick warning,

As far as I know T2's never came in black (i've never seen a black show up in paint codes for them on Honda's website), so it is mostly like to have been resprayed (all good as long as you realise that).

Looks like it could have been originally white, see right hand bottom corner of righthand door and also left hand side front of engine bay.

and also is an April 1985 car, so it has the Composite Connecting Rods that were standard in the March 1985 and beyond models, these were a feature to reduce rotational mass and further improve the already great gas mileage these cars get.

I have no idea what they are talking about here, the only changes in the 1985 cars as far as I was aware was the interior to a gray and the analogue speedo. I assume they mean drive shafts, but they look standard.

If it is a 1985 car then it should have analogue speedo, which it doesn't, also should have grey front seats, which again it doesn't. The door panels are black and white which does match up with a 1985 one.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”