WTB Turbo II drive shafts

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Beast260
Forum Regular

WTB Turbo II drive shafts

Postby Beast260 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:03 pm

Hey guys i am after a pair of City Turbo II drive shafts.

they dont have to be perfect as i and going to get them recoed anyway.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: WTB Turbo II drive shafts

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Should be same as T1 and NA city ones

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Would not the t2 have a wider track than prot and t1 therefore different length shafts?

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:58 pm

turbocab wrote:Would not the t2 have a wider track than prot and t1 therefore different length shafts?

It does have a wider track, but where the shafts go into the gearbox is wider, so the shaft lengths are the same, just positioned out further.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:00 pm

Na mate they are 10mm longer for T2's, I messured between T1 & T2. I believe the City Cabriolet also use longer shafts like T2 but i have not tested this.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:27 pm

Hyperblade wrote:
turbocab wrote:Would not the t2 have a wider track than prot and t1 therefore different length shafts?

It does have a wider track, but where the shafts go into the gearbox is wider, so the shaft lengths are the same, just positioned out further.

The inner CV positions on all city gearboxes are the same from my experience, although i haven't measured this i have however switched between T1, T2 & N/A gearboxes with no issues. T2 uses the same gearbox casings as N/A city's, the only box that i've noticed to be noticeably different is the T1 box, no idea why but even it uses the same Inner CV offsets. I could be wrong but i have yet to run into issues. Also another thing to note is that T2 uses identical ratios as T1, City-E has longer 2nd, 3rd & 4th gears & City-R & Cabriolets use shorter gears, 5th gear ratio in these boxes is the same as 4th gear ratio from City-E, it can be quite a fun box to have on a Turbo City as you get through the gears quickly.

Beast260
Forum Regular

Postby Beast260 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:02 pm

KingCity wrote:
Hyperblade wrote:

The inner CV positions on all city gearboxes are the same from my experience, although i haven't measured this i have however switched between T1, T2 & N/A gearboxes with no issues. T2 uses the same gearbox casings as N/A city's, the only box that i've noticed to be noticeably different is the T1 box, no idea why but even it uses the same Inner CV offsets. I could be wrong but i have yet to run into issues. Also another thing to note is that T2 uses identical ratios as T1, City-E has longer 2nd, 3rd & 4th gears & City-R & Cabriolets use shorter gears, 5th gear ratio in these boxes is the same as 4th gear ratio from City-E, it can be quite a fun box to have on a Turbo City as you get through the gears quickly.

im sure it would be fun with the shorter box but i am after fuel economy so the longer gears if fine for this :)

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:44 am

KingCity wrote:Na mate they are 10mm longer for T2's, I messured between T1 & T2. I believe the City Cabriolet also use longer shafts like T2 but i have not tested this.

I was pretty sure T1 and T2 were same length as I've had both side by side deliberately to check that I could use T1 ones as spares. The gearboxes are different by 10mm's which works out with the wider bottom arms on a T2.

KingCity wrote:
Hyperblade wrote:

I don't agree that T1 and T2 gearboxes have the same inner offsets, are you sure you were using a T1 box?

Here's the interchangeability list we have.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18

You are correct that they use same ratios.
Here's honda specs on T1 vs T2 .
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-archive/cit ... bo_sy.html
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-archive/cit ... o2_sy.html

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Yep theres a good chance you are right but i've had 4 types of city gearboxes im my car testing ratios & they all fitted with no issues.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Oh & yes i do know what a T1 gearbox looks like, i've owned 3 T1's. I have 3 N/A boxes, 2 T1 & 2 T2 gearboxs currently (i have so many in case i break them haha)

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:01 pm

Hmm OK, best to go with they aren't interchangeable until we can get some solid proof they are.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:09 pm

I will have to have a measure up one day to put this to rest haha.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:23 am

The axles are different T1 to T2 for sure as the control arms are longer on T2, I had to swap the lot when I changed to T2 hubs in the front.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Hyperblade is referring to gearbox offsets between T1 & T2, yeah we know that the axles on a T2 are longer, just offsets unsure of at this stage, i've been busy with other things to worry about measuring the cases but hopefully i'll get around to it.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”