WTB City Turbo II Gauge Cluster

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
beaugus
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

WTB City Turbo II Gauge Cluster

Postby beaugus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:15 pm

Hey All! I'm new to the forum and recently picked up a pretty tidy condition City Turbo II. I'm in the process of giving it a major service currently but would really like address the issues I have with my cluster for the sake of completeness.

Long story short: My boost gauge simply is a non-goer - I found a thread on here on how to re-solder the factory boost gauge so I went ahead and removed my cluster however to my surprise I'm actually missing one of the parts behind the cluster (I think must part of the boost gauge circuit board) and would really like to source a replacement unit so I can return mine to its former glory.

I currently have later cluster (non digital speedo) but pretty sure I could make do with either a S1 or S2 cluster since I really only need to retrofit the part thats missing off mine.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

Located in Victoria, happy to pay all postage costs etc.

Cheers!

beaugus

Re: WTB City Turbo II Gauge Cluster

Postby beaugus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:23 pm

I pinched this photo off the forum here (sorry KingCity) for a quick illustration of the part I'm missing off my cluster for reference.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:49 am

Sorry I'm really no help with this, but if you swap your analogue cluster for a digital one I'll buy the analogue one off you! I'll keep my eye out for any clusters I find but they are rather difficult to find

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:15 am

I have 2 Digital clusters in my shed :p Tried selling them on here & ebay last year & nobody was interested! Anyways My Turbo 1 has speedo display issues so I need the things myself currently...hope to get into it this weekend.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:20 am

Anthraxxx do you know if you can swap out the clear plastic in front of the dash clusters? Mine has the corner snapped off so I'm semi looking for some plastic to replace it with

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:26 am

I assume you can, I can suss it out tonight though.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:32 am

Yeah sweet let me know what you find

beaugus

Postby beaugus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Anthraxxx if you'd be willing to sell me one of the clusters I'd defiantly be up for it as I've searched far and wide for any kind of replacement with no luck so far. I really only need that one part as circled in my photo to have mine working perfectly but understandable if you didn't want to part out one of your clusters in stead of sell out right.

Let me know if/how we can proceed and I'll get some funds your way right away :) Cheers!

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Allright I will check it out. One of my clusters is from a working T2 I stripped for parts yrs ago now, the other came with my Turbo 1 as a spare but I believe it had some sort of issue. They look almost identical & as I have kept them together in storage I now of course dunno which is which...

beaugus

Postby beaugus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Any help is seriously appreciated man! Thanks :-)

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:06 pm

Bitterberry, Yes you can remove the clear plastic, its glued to a black surround part that easily unscrews from the cluster.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:07 pm

Awesome thanks man

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:21 pm

Haha na man all good, thats what photos are for, i wouldn't post stuff if i didn't want people using it. That item you have circled is only the speed beeper, chances are the previous owner got sick of the beeping so pulled it out, i just unplug it to stop this. Anyway just letting you know that its not needed & does not effect anything else when unplugged or removed so don't stress about it as its not needed & basically everyone disconnects these due to there annoyance when above 100kph.

beaugus

Postby beaugus » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:42 pm

Omg, KingCity you are a legend thanks for clarifying that. I went ahead and replaced all the T10 and T5 globes in my cluster and plugged it back in to my surprise my boost gauge came back alive!

This seriously made my day because I thought I was missing something critical for the gauge to function but now that you point it out it makes so much sense that it would be one of those beepers I kept hearing about in older Japanese cars looking at the photo.

ANTHRAXXX, all good now man I won't need you to part with your spare cluster!

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:36 pm

Well if you do need one at some stage I have 4 or 5 of them kicking around

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”