EOI: Honda City T2 for sale - VIC

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
beaugus
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

EOI: Honda City T2 for sale - VIC

Postby beaugus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:33 am

Hi there everyone, just putting the feelers out there to see what (if any) interest there may be for my 84-85' Honda City T2. I've been debating the idea of parting ways with this little gem but its incredibly difficult to gauge what a fair price would be so at this stage its just an expression of interest and I'm open to offers.

It's in good condition for its age, starts runs and drives incredibly well (engine feels very strong) no mechanical issues with engine or driveline and the gearbox shifts smoothly in all gears. No smoke on start up or under boost.

There are some minor surface rust spots that need a little TLC - if anything just needs time and effort to correct. No underbody rust (have had up on hoist to inspect properly) The back bumper would need a respray as the paint has flaked off across the majority of the top.

No modifications, mostly original minus the aftermarket Sony radio head unit and after market wheels. It does have its original factory floor mats which I'm told are somewhat sort after.

The driver's side seat cloth would need to be repaired as the side closest to the door has worn away, a seat cover would make it pass RWC but it would be a shame to let the seat deteriorate any further.

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you how many KM's the little champ has traveled as the previous owner to me claimed the odometer stopped and/or flipped over but theres no way its done a million km's with an engine this healthy (then again Honda engineering back in the day could prove this wrong but still doubtful)

I contacted the Department of Infrastructure and Transport to seek the car's original import approval and have that documentation to provide with the car as well (as a bit of history) and I have tried to seek the original Japanese owners history however the ministry of transportation in Japan do not keep electronic records of documents prior to 1990. I do however have a funky Honda City T2 japanese sales brochure to go with car.

All in all, hopefully anyone reading with any genuine interest can appreciate this is a genuine and honest T2 with a reluctant to sell owner however I sadly just do not have the time and resources to pour into the car to truly bring out its charming character and believe somebody else could give the car a better life.

Genuine inquiries only. Located in Country Victoria.

craybait
Donating Member

Re: EOI: Honda City T2 for sale - VIC

Postby craybait » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:29 am

Your car looks fantastic.
It is rare to see an unmolested classic.
Anthrax in W.A had a lot of interest in his car at a Japenese car show.It may be worth placing your add on the Honda city forum and have a look if there is a vintage Japnese car site.Interest in vintage Japenese motorcycles is huge in Australia now and prices are steadily climbing.I visited a classic car show/race day on Philip island[Victoria] earlier this year ,this would have been ideal to show the car
These car are relatively unknown outside this site ,and on this site there is an ever shrinking Gene Pool regrettebly.
With a good car like this I would spray fisholine which you can get from Masters [a wattyl product inside doors bonnet and keep it for a year or 2.
There may also be a market selling them back to Japan

beaugus

Postby beaugus » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:34 pm

craybait wrote:Your car looks fantastic.
It is rare to see an unmolested classic.
Anthrax in W.A had a lot of interest in his car at a Japenese car show.It may be worth placing your add on the Honda city forum and have a look if there is a vintage Japnese car site.Interest in vintage Japenese motorcycles is huge in Australia now and prices are steadily climbing.I visited a classic car show/race day on Philip island[Victoria] earlier this year ,this would have been ideal to show the car
These car are relatively unknown outside this site ,and on this site there is an ever shrinking Gene Pool regrettebly.
With a good car like this I would spray fisholine which you can get from Masters [a wattyl product inside doors bonnet and keep it for a year or 2.
There may also be a market selling them back to Japan

Thanks for your honest advice craybait :) I was incredibly fortunate to find this little gem locally from an older man who had quite a story to tell about its life in Sydney as a much loved city round-about which has survived quite well for 30+ years.

I've only ever seen these cities pop up at unique auto shows etc and knew very little about them (to this day, still do) but when I saw this one for sale in our local newspaper and was only 15 minutes away I couldn't say no to the opportunity of owning one.

Honda's are no strangers to me, I personally love the brand and have owned quite a few over the last 10 years but I struggle with sourcing most parts locally for this car and sadly its just not in me to let an example like this go to waste so my ultimate goal was to restore and preserve what I was fortunate enough to find.

To be honest the more I speak about the car the more I think I'll end up holding onto it and hopefully sourcing a few bits (or maybe another T2 for parts in the future) for it to make this example live on.

I'll take you up on that advice with the fisholine, that would be a wise move indeed and will help maintain what I have to hopefully see it fully done up in the near future and who knows by then.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:53 am

Hey Beaugus! I 2nd Craybait's reply. I posted a link to your post on my City Turbo facebook page :) - Far as selling these every so often someone will post on here desperate for a nice Turbo 2. They are getting harder to find. Whereabouts in country Vic. are you? I'm Victorian myself, grew up in Bright. Everytime I'm back there I Wish I had my Turbo II with me to fang around Mt Buffalo with. Anyways parts wise I have abit of a stash, a mate here in WA has A lot of parts, and more recently I've been networking on Facebook with the Honda City club guys in Japan. They struggle abit now parts-wise over there themselves but you can get useful information from them.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:00 am

A friend in Japan recently bought these & sent me this info :

Mr. OGA manufactured a repair kit of turn signal rubber in 2005.
It's 4000 yen at left and right.
The one I bought is 2013.
Do you know Mr. OGA?
People of a purchase request be sure to mail the following information, please.

The number of purchase:
The zip code:
The address:
The name:

He's planning to ship it off by nonstandard-sized mail basically, but a person of a request also tell a letter back and a door-to-door delivery service to the effect and telephone number, please.

A mail Sending destination: suzuka@ogaeg.jp

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:31 am

Hey anthrax I'm keen to buy a set of those rubbers if it's possible!

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Yeah same he just msged me these pics/info on the weekend. I'm sure tho that the rubbers on my cars have a inbuilt lampholder bit, whereas the ones shown just have that large hole in the middle...either way I'II flick this OGA guy an email now & see what happens :)

beaugus

Postby beaugus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:29 pm

ANTHRAXXX wrote:Hey Beaugus! I 2nd Craybait's reply. I posted a link to your post on my City Turbo facebook page :) - Far as selling these every so often someone will post on here desperate for a nice Turbo 2. They are getting harder to find. Whereabouts in country Vic. are you? I'm Victorian myself, grew up in Bright. Everytime I'm back there I Wish I had my Turbo II with me to fang around Mt Buffalo with. Anyways parts wise I have abit of a stash, a mate here in WA has A lot of parts, and more recently I've been networking on Facebook with the Honda City club guys in Japan. They struggle abit now parts-wise over there themselves but you can get useful information from them.

I'm in the Albury/Wodonga area only about an hour or so from bright! :) Some fantastic roads about, sadly not much of a cultured car scene around here though to show off the little city to people who could truly appreciate it.

My expertise for the past 6 or 7 years has actually been sourcing parts for modern-day Japanese cars direct from Japan (I've got a fantastic contact who has put me in touch directly with manufactures) and also including second hand spares as well but I know first hand just how tough sourcing absolutely anything City Turbo related is from Japan due to limited options/availability of things.

It may be worth me writing up a little introduction in the owners section just for record sake as ultimately I may end up holding onto this city as its means quite a lot more to me having it as part of the family than selling it off without giving it a fair chance of sprucing' up!

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:08 pm

I remember going to Albury back in the 80's for Lego shopping trips :) - Anyways I'm currently planning a trip over to Japan in November. They have their Honda City yearly get-together over there in August, but I can't be there for that, but I've made afew friends now so at least when I am there I can hopefully get a ride around in a City Turbo or 2..maybe pickup some oldschool wheels as well...and have to visit the Honda Museum of course. My other idea was to maybe pickup another Motocompo and mail it home to Perth in bits while there. I had mine at a recent car show here & it got more attention than my Turbo 2.

You need to get a mate with a gopro on his car to chase you around some of the mountain roads over there & upload videos here :)

This is my City & bike btw, & myself lurking in the background there..

Annnd here's one of Mt Buffalo, sadly in a rental Ford, but Damn it's a fun drive up & down that mountain! :)

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:23 am

Update : http://ogaeg.jp/pboe/009/index.html

Corrected email - I will try again now to contact the maker.

pboe001@ogaeg.jp

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:42 pm

Post hyjack I would be keen for a set of the turn signal rubbers too.my ones are made from black sikaflex :)

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:28 am

Yo Had a reply, he's sending me 2 pairs. Anyone is welcome to email him for these at this addy : [email protected]

He is using a online translator so have to keep things simple - can see my email to him :

Hello,

# Sorry, My English is a thing by the automatic translations.

I send 2 pairs with airmail from the post office on Monday.
I present this to a friend loving CITY in Australia :-)

This is my CITY. 1986 CITY U-topics(63ps/4MT).

http://ogaeg.jp/misc/CITY.jpg

In 2009, all painted it ;-)

http://ogaeg.jp/CITY/misc/topics_digest/index.htm

Thank you,

Keiichi Ogawa

Hello,

My friend in Japan Kusumi Tatsuo told me I can by Honda City Indicator rubber from you? I need 2 Pairs - 4 in total.

The number of purchase: ***
The zip code: ***
The address: ***
The name: ***
Mob - ****

So I will post on here when I get them, course now I dunno if I should sell the ones I get to Turbo & Bitters or keep em for myself :shock:

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Well if you do end up selling them, I'm definitely keen for them, mine are super perished and it's a pet peeve i've been looking at for ages!
Pretty sweet hookup you seem to have over there! :D

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:45 pm

Slowly networking abit & swapping info with parts. You can email this guy direct yourself for the gaskets btw, City Japan guys seem to appreciate other owners :)

spike10000
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spike10000 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:35 pm

sent you a message beaugus

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”