wanted: honda city/jazz camshaft

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
KE-515
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

wanted: honda city/jazz camshaft

Postby KE-515 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:06 pm

i have non turbo honda city/jazz with worn gear. looking for new camshaft or new gear. will turbo camshaft fit in non turbo one? sry for bad english.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: wanted: honda city/jazz camshaft

Postby KingCity » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:50 pm

Yeah man either T1 or T2 will fit but good luck finding a mint one that someone wants to sell you. If you do find a Turbo cam to use just be aware that the profiles are different to N/A cams & may make the car run rough or different, its likely the Turbo cam has more overlap & I know they have more lift than N/A's, I cant really say what it will do as I haven't done it. If your engine is the red top Cvcc one & has a cable driven rev counter then its likely you cant run it on the Turbo 1 or 2 cam as they use a much larger slot on that end of the cam for the crank/cam position sensor, N/A cams use a tiny slot therefore cannot be used in a Turbo City engine. What type of engine do you have? Red top Cvcc (12 valve) or Black top (8 valve). I've got one of each but will only sell for the right price as both have been repaired & reground, the 8 valve cam has a slightly better performance grind & make the N/A engine rev better, also have a reconditioned 8 valve head but there are 4 City's at the wreckers here that I could get parts off for you if needed. Where about are you located, in NZ I hope.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”