Awesome T2 for sale in nz!

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
turdbo
Forum Enthusiast

Awesome T2 for sale in nz!

Postby turdbo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:21 am

Awesome T2 for sale in nz,comes with a complete kit ( no roof/boo t spoilers ), listing as follows.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 038668.htm

Please note that if you buy this you must please please take a mold of the front bumper lip so I can complete my set,and in exchange I will make a roof spoiler mold for you and a boot one if you'd like :)

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Re: Awesome T2 for sale in nz!

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:21 pm

I just emailed the seller saying I'd pay $200 for that front lip alone if there was *any* way he'd sell it to me, but got a firm 'No ' in reply ;) Ahhh well....one day.....

turdbo
Forum Enthusiast

Postby turdbo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:47 pm

Yea I sent him a text asking if he would make a mold and I'd pay him but he said no as Well,then I asked him to let the buyer know of my offer and he never replied.What a friendly fella! If any one buys it let me know! I would but I've already got three :/

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Can only ask ay ;) I've posted his Auction on my page & said if anyone buys the car & wants $200 I'm keen for the lip

turdbo
Forum Enthusiast

Postby turdbo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:20 am

Fingers crossed who ever buys it joins the forum as Well and wants to do some dealing! I don't mind getting just a mild and producing a few to match the other bits and pieces I'm making up.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:06 am

You have seen my pics of one of these bumper lips yeah? I was surprised to see it's a 3 part thing...would be pretty straight forward to make one really out of sheet aluminium...it's mostly just flat pieces. In about a month from now my 2nd shed will be up & I can park my Turbo I & *finally* start playing around with my bodykit project ;)

davearmstrong
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Postby davearmstrong » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi Anthraxxx,

Sorry to cut in, but do you still have those photos of the bumper lips? Would be keen to see some detail shots, particularly if they show the hidden parts you don't see when they're mounted, haven't had much luck googling for them. Thinking about picking up a T2 as a restoration project and think the bumpers are spot on.

I picked up some basic modelling skills and built a 3d printer when I was recreating some switchgear for an old Mercedes I've been working on. Something like a lip would probably need a series of prints put together then a fibreglass mould pulled from it. It's a little OCD, but figure if I'm going to start a bigger project like that, would like to have the original mounting points etc. Make it as a proper repro piece.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Yeap no worries! I took a bunch of pics from diff. angles etc, will post them tomorrow. As I said the one I got to see in Japan was 3 parts, pretty much all flat but the bottom curves around to follow the bottom lip of the Turbo II Bumper and screws on there…my car has the holes suggesting it once had the lip on it.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:25 am

Dave I've uploaded every pic. I have of the one I got to see in Japan. Should have done a runner with it :p Hopefully this link works for you : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 284&type=3

davearmstrong

Postby davearmstrong » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Ahh they're brilliant, thanks for that. Might see if I can knock something together in sketchup from it over the long weekend.

Heh, should have known the source. Reckon Japan has to be the go to location for car nuts on this side of the planet. The love for cars over there is amazing, gives me the warm and fuzzies visiting the various little workshops and seeing the lifelong dedication to the various marques. Married to a Korean so I sneak over pretty regularly on the ferry when I need to escape the inlaws. You're right though, problem is always leaving the toys behind... once carried the only TRD muffler I could find in tokyo home on my shoulder.

Sounds pretty lame, but the trip started in Shinome, went through the Tokyo subways at peak hour, four shinkansens, got side tracked in bepu for a hot spring excursion, then over to korea on the hydrofoil, then from Busan to Seoul on their trains, then three flights and a week in the back of Singaporean taxis on the way back to Perth. Not a little cannon muffler mind you, this was the quad tipped monster for the new (back then) Toyota 86. How was I to know that Australia post refuses to accept parcels longer than a meter?

Long story short, this is kind of coming back to bite me in the ass now I'm asking the missus permission to pick up a little T2 for the next project car :lol:

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:00 pm

A repo of this part would be sweet - as with any repo parts...Can you 3d print a complete Widebody kit? ;) Anyways Japan is great for car spotting etc, but you have to make contacts there before you go. I'd have never found that City garage even if I'd been living there all my life. Have you seen my video tour footage on Youtube of it? I didn't want to leave. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDSeVCVevKw

davearmstrong

Postby davearmstrong » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:48 pm

Ahh sorry, I keep getting to work and thinking I'll jump on here to see if any t2's have come up for sale, then see the youtube link and think I must have a look at that when I get home before replying. Then when I get home I'm sidetracked off with a million little jobs there.

Full widebody... Actually I did originally write a reply saying how awesome that would be but weight of the printer and stopping vibration yada yada. However, thinking about it, body kits tend to be long and narrow, skirts, bumpers etc. They dont need a huge printer, just one that can handle something about 40cm wide, 40cm high and then 2-3 metres long. That would only need to deal with the extra weight in one axis... might not be so difficult, bit like feeding a long ream of paper into a regular inkjet printer... and being able to design something like a bodykit on the pc then just print it out... that would be mighty entertaining... arghh, I think I just started another expensive little project.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:58 pm

Maybe the way to go would be to use a 3d printer to make up a set of molds for the parts rather than the parts themselves...there's always the 1/24 scale model of the Widebody city, do you have the tools to scan one of those & scale it up, then print out the particular segments of it? Only catch to all of this is that your typical City owner doesn't have $$$ to throw at their cars ;)

davearmstrong

Postby davearmstrong » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:30 pm

I think that's what I like about T2s. Worked on some other cars and it kinda sucks if they're too "classic". I want to do a period correct restoration this time. Make a little 80's time warp. Been weighing up between a starion and the T2, but I've never had a hatchback and who can say no to motocompo. Not interested in major performance or structural alterations, just restoration and maintenance, but if I find a spectacular set of 80's rims, or find some minto digital 80's boost gauge or something I'd like to be able to fit it without having someone at a car show berating me for defiling a classic and losing 25% off the resale.

I've got an old xbox kinect setup that I use for 3d scanning, but for a pretty square design like that I'd say I'd just model it manually once I pick up a T2 I can measure up. Use the dimensions of the car to scale out pictures of the body kit, those pics you've posted up will be great for that. Scanning is neat, but needs a lot of time cleaning up the scan before the print.

You're right tho, probably no money in making parts for the car, so wouldn't be super keen in manufacturing or anything. Be a lot of work putting the lip together, particularly using just the small printer. To make it worth my time I'd have to charge a price no-one wants to pay, but if I model up the parts for myself would be happy enough to share the files on-line. 3d printers are popping up all over the place, think u can print parts out at my local library these days.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:54 am

Actually far as 3D repo parts go, something a lot easier/smaller to start with that would have a market & be affordable to buy would be the City front wing-mount mirrors : https://www.facebook.com/14864622515662 ... =3&theater

I was given one from a mate in japan, and was thinking of how to make replicas. They are actually fairly basic, the 2 tubes are just straight lengths of steel pipe, you'd just have to make the base & main mirror cup part. I can take & send you as many pics as you need ;)

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”