Bulldog Engine for sale

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
CJRask
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Bulldog Engine for sale

Postby CJRask » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:12 am

My ex-roomate was evicted due to non payment for 3 months. He had a prelude, idk the exact year but im guessing 81-82. he was rear ended and the car was totaled. The engine however was this CVCC-II turbo that he had professionally tuned and managed to get 165hp and 176lb-ft torque. He took great care to remove the engine and put it on a pallet wrapped with industrial saran wrap. it was stored in our garage and he gave it along with some other items to help pay for the past due rent. He said it was a very rare engine that had value. At first I figured it was BS. So I called all of our local import shops and even the honda dealership service department. To my amazement not a single one of the mechanics I spoke with had even heard of the engine. They all asked for the serial number and they were even surprised it checked out. I have placed it on craigslist and had some out of area interest. I also just placed it on ebay. I obviously want to recoup my loss but at the same time feel I have an engine that is on the "museum" side of rare. I found out it was designed by Hirotoshi Honda son of honda founder Soichiro Honda. The engine is so light I was able to lift it into the bed of my ford super duty. I lift weights but am by no means huge. It seems as though this engine was decades ahead of its time. To produce a turbocharged engine that comes stock with 110hp and gets over 35mpg blows my mind. I wonder though why they stopped production on them and actually didn't make another factory turbo until just recently. I would love to sell it to someone who truly appreciates these amazing engines so I am going to all the honda boards I can find and posting. This one so far seems to be quite dedicated to the car that this engine came out of, but I know it can be put in the civic, prelude and accord I'm sure also with some minor mods it could be placed in a bunch more even non hondas. Ill post a few images and if anyone is interested or knows someone who is I would be more than happy to sell. Being that the engine is as light as it is the shipping should be quite a bit less than other engines. Any extra info on this engine is much appreciated as I have actually been considering keeping it to put into some sort of buggy (odyssey like) or even another vehicle. I know though if i go that route it would most likely sit and I feel that it should be with someone who will use and appreciate it daily. Thank You,

blitza
Forum Regular

Re: Bulldog Engine for sale

Postby blitza » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Where aboots are you mate? Dyno sheets would be handy to backup the story, def keen on more pics for interest sake!

CJRask

Postby CJRask » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Bend, OR

I am going to speak with the import shop myself because my good friend who is a subaru dealer mechanic told me that in its current condition he did not think that it could have been hooked to a dyno, unless they had the hsrness for the fuel injection. My roomate is the one who took it and he is friends with the guy who originslly gave the engine to pay for rent. However i csn take any pictures needed. My mechanic friend did however assure me it turned over snd the block, pistons, rockers cam shaft etc are all working and that all the important parts are functional. I am more than happy to take any other pictures.
Thanks

spike10000
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spike10000 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:24 am

165 ponies without any obvious bolt on's is a pretty tall claim. Heck, even the Mugen T2R racer was only churning out 138hp with an upgraded turbo and better tuning.

CJRask

Postby CJRask » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:37 pm

Like i said that is what i was told. All i know for sure is that the engine turns over and is not toast. I have a guy coming to take a look and hopefully pick it up. If not im going to habe to just get rid of it. So at this point im open to offers. I totally appreciate all the info.

spike10000
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spike10000 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:15 am

Unfortunately you're a bit far away from most of us! 90% of the members are probably Aus/NZ based.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:31 pm

I only read your post briefly but if that picture is the engine that you are saying is a Bulldog T2 engine then you are likely to be incorrect, the engine in that photo is a T1 (100ps) engine unless someone has replaced the T2 manifolds with T1 items but no one would do that, i'd need some more close up photos of the block to confirm 100%.

turdbo
Forum Enthusiast

Postby turdbo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:21 am

They turn up every now and then.ive got two sitting in a shed,I think king city and blitza have one or two each aswell sitting around.they are only rare when you are desperate to get your hands on one!

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”