brakes

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
frogger
Forum Participant

brakes

Postby frogger » Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:59 pm

HI

Im lookin for a booster four wheels brakes everything splines to convert my civic.

If anyone in adelaide can help that is preferable but if anyone can help that would be great.

Anyone runnin surge tanks?

I need some info or ideas.

Thanks

ct
Forum Participant

Re: brakes

Postby ct » Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:34 pm

Frogger

The Civic / City we acquired from Charles has a fuel tank that has been modified by addition of swirl pots. I believe it wouldn't be legal in SA otherwise.

Charles used to sell a brake upgrade kit for the EB Civic / City Pro engined cars, based on (I think) Commodore rotors and calipers. Certainly a lot bigger than our other EB1!

frogger
Forum Participant

Postby frogger » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:24 pm

well all i know is a big bang when u corner to quick isnt a good thing so i need a surge tank or something.

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:30 pm

I also have a civic with a t2 engine. I used the t2 brakes and calipers. I had the front t2 discs machined to the same specs as the civic so I use the same wheel bearings. I had brackets made for the brake caliper. The rear brakes I welded up the holes on the back of the drum and redrilled them to suit the civic. This I found to be very cheap as I wrecked the t2. I drive the car very hard and have been heavy on the brakes and have not had a problem.  

I am also using a surge tank with the orginal tank.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”