purple t2

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbo2_100bhp

purple t2

Postby turbo2_100bhp » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:00 pm

4 the ppl lucky enough 2 live in perth i hope u hav at least cought a glips at the purple (with flames) beast that is drivin around south of the river. can easyly tell u it is the best lookin t2 ever built 2 date.

it not only looks like a show car but has a ek 1.8 stroked to ???liters and runs on liquid gas.
full custom body kit all around.
4 small round headlights on the front (like fords)
and round tail lights

will try get him 2 post pics, dont think hes a member

kenny
Forum Enthusiast

Re: purple t2

Postby kenny » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:15 am

hey

that sounds cool i will keep an eye out for it. the only problem i live around midland and work i kalamunda so if its up my way i will hope to see it  ::).

thanks kenny 8)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:47 am

If you stroked an EK even more than it was stroked already your car would only rev to like 4500!!! Maybe a stroked EP? (ie. straight EK 1800???)

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:02 pm

A stroked one would still only have around the bore/stroke of a city and it also depends on all that pin placement crap that bino was on about, it would pull like a frieght train no doubt  ;D

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:01 am

I was under the impression that the "pin placement crap" was a way of changing the stroke ie. making the city one shorter so it was more suited to the bore of the cylinders. The whole thing with moving the pin placement was to adjust the stroke without having to change the crank...

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:01 pm

Im pretty sure that due to the laws of physics the only way you can change the actual physical length of a pistons stroke is to change the throw of the crankshaft. The changing of the location of the pin just change the geometry or the assembly i thought and made it freer to rev something about the rod-stroke ratio....Feel free to correct me if im wrong.  8)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:51 pm

Yeah, actually thinking about that....
The changing the pin position will change the volume of the cylinder it would be the equivalent of a head plane/decompression plate. The stroke should remain the same.

I still think that stroking an EK would leave you with an engine that really doesnt rev high at all....

hypercity

Postby hypercity » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:13 pm

I think I have seen this city.. was parked outside a panel and paint shop in Myaree on Mcoy ST about a week ago.

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:26 pm

Guys, you are right, no one would consider stroking an Ek, maybe it was bored out a few mm? Otherwise you would end up with a tractor motor. I am surprised no one has heard more about this car.

Bino

Postby Bino » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:06 pm

So, for conversation's sake, can you stroke an EK?  Is there a crankshaft that would fit the EK and has a larger stroke?  Just curious

(you could weld a plate to the top of the block, yielding a closed deck design, resleeve the cylinders and end up with whatever rod/stroke ratio you wanted... and it'd be as much displacement as you wanted, and it'd still bolt into a City...)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:24 pm

Definately sounds like something to be done in a garage at home, late one night when there is nothing on TV ;D

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:54 am

When you have reached power maximum power capacity of an EK and you have a budget people would only dream of, sure you may want to do that. It would be of dubious quality though as anyone who has tried to successfully weld cast iron will tell you.

The EK crank is the longest throw crank you can get for that motor. It may be possible to fit a crank out of another series but why when there is some much potential there already. If you were to go to the extreme you would start with one of the far more robust and newer B series engines with much higher flow potential.

If you wanted to stroke an EK you would have to custom crank or reduce the diameter of the rod journals leaving the out edge where it is (ie grind concentrically).

Bino

Postby Bino » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:58 am

Yeah, as soon as I posted I recalled that the blocks were cast iron (nearly impossible to weld properly), and of course it's very expensive and really doesn't make a lot of sense... but it could be done.

You mean grind the rod journals non-concentrically (concentric is about the same axis).

blitz_power

Postby blitz_power » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:56 am

Hi guys..

That car belongs to Hoopers Smash Repair in Winthrop . If i am not mistaken.. That guy is call Mark..

However that project takes him quite sometimes to do it. I think he has a 2 litre block with a supra turbo and front mounted intercooler.. the car is running on gas.

tailights modified of a Starlet gt  tail lights and front with an integra bumper and lights..

i know him cause i bought my city of him.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:33 am

I thought they sounded like integra lights from the description, I was gonna do that to my civic. But not quite to the extent that this guy has gone to. Im guessing that if its a 2 litre hes droped a B20 or something in there?

Return to “General”