Get Rid of Emmissions Tubing + Box?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: Get Rid of Emmissions Tubing + Box?

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:33 am

Arent NZ motors so much better! Pity they didn't make the City T2 version in NZ.

What I will do is get the motor going again and in the car. and then I might possibly attach some vicegrips to one tube at a time and see what effect it has.

Edit: I acutally have a spare T1 Black box so I will pull that apart first and see how it looks.

Ben

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:25 pm

The T1 black boxes are a MESS!!! I gave up playing with mine because i didnt have any translated lables so i didnt know what stuff was doing. The T2 box is much more organised and has some better features like the boost control whatsit (i assume it is better, dont know exactly what it does :P). The only issue with changing to a box from the T2 is the throttle body differences as mentioned in the "T1- T2 parts interchangeablility" thread.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:19 pm

Boost control wasit?  Hmm when i changed my T2 turbo to a T1 ,the T2 wastegate had a vacum pipe attached to it. i just left this detached, I put a screw in the end of it, and the car seemed to run fine. I just got all my boost about 1000rpm lower. I wonder what it does?

Cheers
Ben

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:55 pm

That the hose I'm referring to. Your guess is as good as mine! (well, probably better :P)

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:33 pm

Lol right,
you seem to have a lot more knowledege of all that stuff then me. Im still just guessing :P

Ben

Return to “General”