Headlight Intake Duct -

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
zipper

Headlight Intake Duct -

Postby zipper » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:34 pm

Anyone Know if a T1 can be fitted with one of those nifty Headlight intake ducts?? Also what model Citys did they come on?

Cheers ;)

Colza
Forum Addict

Re: Headlight Intake Duct -

Postby Colza » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:18 pm

This is from Henry about 2 weeks ago (cmon, search people)!!!

The non turbocharged citys pick up their breathing air from above the left headlight via a plastic duct in the top of the guard. This duct can be fitted to the turbo variants with very little effort (all the holes are already in the bodywork) so you get outside air directly into the air box inlet.

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:57 pm

Might aswell make it a infobase article?

zipper

Postby zipper » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:18 pm

Oh ok,

Sorry guys....Ill search Next time...

Is there any particular variant of Non Turbo City that the Intake ducts come on? ie: City R / City E??

Cheers.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:48 pm

Henry said in his post that he was planning to make into an infobase topic. I would put in the Infobase except that i have never owned a NA city and dont currently own a city Turbo so I'm not really sure i know what it is!

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:57 pm

Don't know what varient it comes from but it fits in both a T1 and a T2 very easily all it does is just clip in. The reason why its not standard on a T1 and T2 is because the Air Intake pipes for the T1 and T2 are larger, thats the only reason i guess. S

tupid reason really because the go to all the trouble of sticking a intercooler on a T2 then they suck in hot engine bay air. By the way don't the T1's have them? Im pretty sure thats where i got mine from.

Cheers Ben

zipper

Postby zipper » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:11 pm

Hmmm ok then ill look in to it - got any pics of what they look like??

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:11 pm

Hey

Sorry got no pics, its a black molded pipe like an L shape the small leg of the L has a circular hole at the end while the big leg has a small oval rectangle.

Hope you understand that :P

Ben

Henry

Postby Henry » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:36 pm

I said non turbo citys because I mean't non turbo Citys, all of the bloody things, why don't some of you guys get off your asses and have a look instead of asking stupid questions. Haven't been on the site for a few days because I have been having a shoulder rebuilt, and I'm GRUMPY (in case you haven't worked that out either)

zipper

Postby zipper » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:10 pm

Well sorry!

Just because your in a bit*h doesnt mean you have to go around bit*hin' at everybody else...

I did have a look at the Wreckers at several NON turbo citys and I couldnt find anything that even closly resembled an intake via the headlight.

So I asked the Question to see if it was any particular model of City. Not stupid by anymeans since as i can see it that EVERY turbo city owner will want one of these ducts..... :o

Just because your a moderator doesnt mean your a god and can go around saying what eva you please.  8)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:47 pm

Glad to have you back Henry. Hope the shoulder improves :)

I think you will find Zipper, that God's or not the Moderators get treated like they are, because they can ban you with touch of a button...

Also, i see very few City Turbo owners needing these as 90% of them have pod filters.

And Henry probably inst going to appreciate being informed that he is IN a preganant dog :o

zipper

Postby zipper » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:10 pm

I dont know how it came out like that?!?

I said "In a bit*ch"

not pregnant dog?? wtf? (I changed it now thou)

Anyway I was just defending my post.

So if he banns me so be it - Its not fair but I stand up for my self.  ;) I just felt I was making a good contibution to the general Fourm  ;) But apparently not.

:P

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:12 pm

Thats all it is buddy, nothing special.

Henry

Postby Henry » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:50 pm

Hey Zipper, sorry if I chewed you out a bit, I have always tried to help as many members as i can but get a bit tired of answering the sqme questions more than once. Excuse the spelling, ever tried to type and use the mouse with your wrong hand. The end of the tube comes out of the inner guard and connects to the wrinkled rubber hose connected to the air filter.(see picture above) That is the only part you will see without taaking the guard or headlight off. You said there were none in the Citys you looked at, were they not there or couldn't you find them? The diameter is smaller than the T11 air cleaner inlet but about the same size as the turbo inlet. Don't seal it to the inlet, just leave it to blast outside air at the inlet and any extra air it needs it can draw from regular sources.

Tony
Forum Regular

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:36 am

The T1 does have it http://www.cityturbo.com/membersrides/tony/pics/engine1.jpg this is the T1 engine in my cabriolet...

Tony  :D

Return to “General”