Could a T1 Ever beat a Toyota Celica GT - four?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Fader
Admin

Re: Could a T1 Ever beat a Toyota Celica GT - four

Postby Fader » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:13 am

Zipper, if you car is running well and has no problems at all, good clutch, good tyres, boosting properly, you should really not be that worried... if the gt4 has an exhaust and a pod, he will for sure beat you,  but i would only imagine a car length at the most.

if you had an exhaust, pod and a little more boost, i would say you would be even with him up to 100km/h if not a bit more..

when i had the T1 running well, with an exhaust and sock filter and about 15-16psi, i raced quite a few cars, including a gsr lancer (which had an exhaust at least, thats all i could tell) and I actually beat it by about a car length. i only had 175 wide tyres too, so traction was not on my side, but i had been driving the city for about 3 years non-turbo & turboed so I was pretty down with the starts.

so yeah dont be too worried, those gt4s arnt that great, infact the guy that installed our new windscreen told me he had one and actually talked it down on speed, he said its good thru corners though.

dont bother racing him unless your car is running well, theres nothing worse than a looser who then goes on about how their car is not running right and excuses, excuses..

good luck!
Chris

PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Postby PGNUTA » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:16 am

I had a snot around town against a Series 6 and a modified GT4.  I wasn't that much slower than them and my engine's p00ked

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo3 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:43 am

Yo all,
The GT4 issue was the very reason I decided to work my City. Took one for a decent blat and was bitterly disappointed!  >:( Was going to buy one but thought that with the difference in cost from selling mine, I may as well put some of that money back into the City. They feel really heavy and certainly don't give you that kick in the bum feeling the City gives you.  ;D
Haven't driven a good T1 but the T2 would make it look stupid!
Pete 8)

Tony
Forum Regular

Postby Tony » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:16 pm

Hi All

Been a while since I had something to say but it's an interesting topic and I've just been working out some numbers...

A 1990 ST185 GT4 Celica standard puts out 208bhp and weighs 1380kgs so each bhp has to shift 6.6kgs

My DOHC VTEC B16A Del Sol standard puts out 170bhp and weighs 1045kgs so each bhp has to shift 6.1kgs

So it would appear that my Del Sol would have a better power to weight ratio.  I did a few comparisons with the Del Sol between my City http://www.cityturbo.com/membersrides/tony/tony.htm and the Del Sol and it's only just fractionaly quicker than the City which would make me think that a well set up City should be able to take the GT4, the GT4's better traction might help a little but it's not too hard taking out the competition...

http://www.cityturbo.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=GEN;action=display;num=1060424166;start=12#12

Tony  ;)

Hawk

Postby Hawk » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:54 pm

Hey guys, I don't normally write much just read everything.

What u also have to take into account with this comparison is the amount of power loss the gt4 will have through the drive train. Honda's have very little power loss (compared to most cars) through their drive train , thus giving u a big advantage  ;D

go whoop him

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:32 pm

Good point tony

I was wondering what the power / weight ratio would be :)

Jw

Kam
Forum Regular

Postby Kam » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:42 am

Just race him. You have no shame in loosing.  His car was designed for rally, you car was designed for parking in tight places.  i have a Gen1 civic with a T2 engine which has a few problems but its alot faster then when a bought it.  Anyway I race as many V8 Commadores and Falcons etc. as I can.  If you loose who cares but if you win you humiliate the oponent.  

P.S.   If any bogans ever asks "What you done to it",  you always reply "stock standard mate" and see there face go red.

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:25 am

Agreed .
My bucket of nuts and bolts , bog std , gets every smart arse's  attention round here . http://www.cityturbo.com/gallery/view_a ... me=album66
Specially quick fours and the odd 8, but always the lads under 25. I'm having my second childhood .
Like a game of poker the art of bluff sticks em everytime . If it looks quick and sounds quick it's gotta be ...right ? Number of times I get other cars to peel rubber off their tyres for nothing at the lights leaves me rolling in the ailses my freinds and they will never know if I could really kick their arse or not and it must surely drive them bonkers when they see me next time . It's my favourite passtime , but I'd surely love to have something to really kick arse , meanwhile I'm enjoying the game .Besides my kids wont let me sell her .

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:45 pm

I'm with you on that one Kiwi, I haven't raced anyone but have seen a fair few race themselves in the next lane. If you pull up alongside them at the next set of lights they always seem to go quiet. Keep them guessing and keep your car in one piece at the same time.

taztaz_vin

Postby taztaz_vin » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:17 pm

c'mon 1st and 2nd gear can still follow a S15 (standard).VS  T2 standard...  ;D

Return to “General”