Could a T1 Ever beat a Toyota Celica GT - four?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
zipper

Could a T1 Ever beat a Toyota Celica GT - four?

Postby zipper » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:49 pm

Im just wondering:

I have this freind who owns a 90' Toyota Celica GT Four - ( 2.0L - Four Weel Drive - Turbo)

Now its Pretty much Stock apart from a Pod and an Exhaust.

All this freind does is Dis my T1 everytime he sees it as a matter of fact he disses every Honda he sees City, T1, T2, integra ect ect... Saying that they are junk and Slow as a Snail.

I mean he really hates Citys saying that they couldnt even beat an automatic mitsy mirage. Now I thought what better way to teach him a lesson than to Drag his GTFOUR off in my T1....  :-/ but I really dont think it is possible - Can it be done!! What would I need to do to acheive this ultimate statement and force him to forever bow down to the power of the City!

Can it be Done  ??? !!  :)

zipper

Re: Could a T1 Ever beat a Toyota Celica GT - four

Postby zipper » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:53 pm

And before you say it NO I cant afford NOS lol  ;D  

:P

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:27 pm

What have you got to lose? If you lose the drag then all you will get is a continuation of the mocking. If you draw then at least you have some amunition to use against his crappy toyota. And if you win...

Just make sure you go somewhere quiet and practice some launches before you run off to drag him! Most people with fast cars (well some ::)) do not know much about actually racing them (me included but i try :P). Try and keep it accelerating hard so it is almost breaking traction, but not quite. Practice changing fast and getting back on the gas as soon as you can. Squeaking a tyre on a change sounds impressive, but dont drop the clutch so hard you wreck it, and dont start the wheels spinning (that probably only applies for 1st-2nd and only if you have crap tyres). Make sure YOU pick the location, being FWD you have everything counting against you. DO NOT RACE ON A WET DAY! You will be brutally thrashed. Assume he will get good traction wherever you go, so pick a spot where you know you can get traction.

Would slight downhill favour a FWD?

Make sure you know all the bumps and humps in the road so you dont meet anything unexpected. And make ABOSOLUTELY sure that you dont get a speeding ticket during your bit of practice!

As far as prepping the car goes, loose any extra kilo you can. Not talking a hard out weight reduction, but see if oyu can drop things like sub boxes and passengers that might weigh you down. A little extra weight makes a big difference to these cars. Shell out and buy a half tank of 98 octane petrol. Even buy some octane booster, never tried it in a city personally, dont know if it will do much. Dont try and crank the boost up, hitting fuel cut will guarantee you a loss and it will look like your crap honda broke down...

And go out and kick his ASS!!! ;D

zipper

Postby zipper » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:16 pm

Ya thanks for the advice but even with all that said the likly hood of me and my T1 being able to out gun the GT Four is still extremly slim in my opinion... I mean he just has toooo many advantages - 4 wheel dive - 800cc more power - Intercooled Turbo -....

I mean the only real Advantage I can think that i have is the Weight factor, Im guessing the T1 weighs around 900kg if that when the Celica as a beast at around 1500 - 1600kg....

Also my T1 is still Stock and im not planning on taking him on until im ready.... So what do you recomend in the mean time that I do to my T1 to make it a formidible opponent not just to the GT Four but to all other WRX / Skyline / Rotary a-holes who think honda citys are grannys cars...  :-/

My Ultimate Dream is to Drag off a WRX / Skyline / Rotary piolted by a pretty boy who has 3 HOT ass honeys in the back - With my T1 - to me that would be the Ultimate High as a City ower and the Ultimate embarassment to him and his car.  ;D

Any Opinions will be greatly apreciated!!

Thanks ;)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:23 pm

You should come for a cruise down Queen one evening in my brown Civic. Embarassing boy racers is fun ;D Bigelboe can vouch for that if he is around somwhere. Bye bye Mr. VR4...

As to the question, this entire site is dedicated to just that. I really dont feel the urge to repeat any of it ::)

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:34 pm

Okay here's what you do...

Tell him to meet somewhere quiet, get there a while before hand and do the following  ;D :

- Unbolt the exhaust from the back of the turbo - dump straight to atmosphere! :)

- Remove the pipe leading up to the air filter box!

- Install a bleed valve and boost up to just under boost cut!

- Remove passenger seat and spare tyre.

- Just before the race do a huge burnout and get the tyres nice and hot, then do a 6000rpm clutch dump to take off and hope for traction!

hehehe I should put this in the info base :)

p.s. I'm not serious!  Sure it'd prolly work, but geese.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:36 pm

Yes you'll beat a Mirage.

No you'll be spanked by the GT4.

zipper

Postby zipper » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:49 pm

Thanks Brendan!

Spanked by the GT4 - I kind of expected that but I can still try!

Anyone Know if a T1 can be fitted with one of those nifty Headlight intake ducts?? Also what model Citys did they come on?  ???

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:50 pm

In top end he will eat the city unfortunatly :(

around town start/stop 0-100k i rekcon u should have him.

PS - A stock t1 city is 700kgs.. (710 exact i think)

Cheers

Jw

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:03 pm

I have to laugh, because I have a guy saying the same thing to me, he has a Gt4 as well. You do have to remember with 4wd that makes it a bit slow but i think they make it up in traction.

Im waiting till I get some nice new tyres before I even attempt to have a Drag with the guy. And theres is no way im going to choose a long distance race. Otherwise his top speed will decimate me.

This guy tells me that the Gt4 has roughly 205 horsepower and a weight of around 1400kg thats roughly 100hp per 700kg which is what the T1 is making that is where the traction comes into play. But i think it would be pretty even.

And as Colza says race on a dry day. Otherwise you don't stand a hope in hell.

Just my thoughts
Ben

zipper

Postby zipper » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:39 am

Man that is weird another GT4 wanting to take on your T2!!? lol

Thanks for your comments but I have come to the Conclusion that My car will have to be worked to the teeth to take down the likes of GT4's and WRX's...

(Sorry to go off topic but...)

Do any of you know anything about that Headlight Inkake Duct?? Also what model City did it come on...thanks.  ;)

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:47 am

Yeah on the T1's there is a duct goes from the front headlight to the side of the A/c motor its in the guard your filter should be sucking air from it ore very close to it

Cheers
Ben

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:48 am

Might be best to startup a new thread for that mate.  Still I like Colza's point, what have you got to lose?  Might aswell give it a go and you might surprise him - he might break something in his car half way or miss a gear, then you can refuse a re-race hehe!

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:56 am

I think a well raced city could win. If you can get a good launch and keep it smooth and hard through the gears you could do it. He will be cocky and over-confident, expecting to thrash you. Once he sees that you are not dissapearing behind, or even that you had a wicked launch and got infront, he will panic and try and push his car a bit harder -> misses a gear, hits rev limiter, boost cut, stuffs up somehow...

I wouldnt say my car was "heavilly worked" and i have beaten not just a stock vr4, but a modded one that was spitting blue flames out the back. Admittedly he had a full car load, but he was definately not impressed ;D Actually, that was rolling start so his he didnt have a chance to dick me on the launch, but even so...

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:59 am

Im not sure I agree with unbolting the exhaust (though its not too loud, i have driven to an exhaust place like that...) but definately take the airfilter and box out. Make sure you put it straight back in after though!!!

Return to “General”