Disk Brakes

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Disk Brakes

Postby city_cabriolet » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:37 am

I've got a spare set (or 2) of front disks, can i put them on the back of my T2 and get rid of those drums?

I'm not concerned with stopping power, but disks are easier to maintain.

Cheers.

Tony
Forum Regular

Re: Disk Brakes

Postby Tony » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:23 am

Hi Luke

I had a talk with Charles about this some time ago and got a rear axle off a I think it was a '92 Civic Si which has rear disks, they were very close but the stub axles were different it might have been possible if I'd found the appropriate bearings and the caliper carriers were very very close and would of only required a little machining to make it all work, however I sold my cab before having a real go at it.  I've also been told some of the prelude rear disks are just about a straight bolt on conversion, some of the other guys might be able to offer a little more advice on that one.  Not sure how you'd go trying to use City front disks on the back but the advantage with going with something from the rear of another car is that you're going to have the necessary bits for connecting up your handbrake.

Cheers

Tony  ;)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:02 pm

The problem with front hubs is that they are designed to rotate (side to side i mean :P) so if oyu are going to put them on the back you have to find things to permanently tie the steering ball-joints to so you dont get unwanted 4WS.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:18 pm

Thanks guy's, now i understand.

I've got a set of T2 fronts and Cabriolet fronts, maybe i can make a deal with the wreakers for Rear Disks.

I also hear the early accord share the same 100x40 stud patterns, that's what we're interested in for assemble isn't it?

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:24 pm

All Hondas bar the newest (90's or newer depending on model) are 4x100. The special ones are the 1st gen civics and the first gen accords with 4x120. Good luck with the conversion! Take a few piccies as you go, or if you find out anything interesting on the way :)

Return to “General”