To all those in the know

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
crooky
Forum Enthusiast

To all those in the know

Postby crooky » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:24 pm

I just got my car inspected today and all is good except for the front ball joints. After spending half the day on the phone here is what I'm faced with:
1. Honda genuine parts which include the control arm - $700 for the pair - (No F*%$#@N way!)
2. $88 from a wrecker with no guarantee that the ball joints will be ok.

I'm not real keen on either of those options and was wondering if anyone could help. Apparently no one in OZ stocks generic ball joints for the city. Does anybody have any ideas?
To you Kiwis, do you guys have stockists of generic parts such as this over there and if so, would somebody be willing to hook me up with a phone number or perhaps send them to me at my cost. I'm sure it would give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside to know you helped a fellow city turbz lad.

Anybody else got any ideas?

Cheerz.

tur8ociv
Forum Participant

Re: To all those in the know

Postby tur8ociv » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:43 pm

Hey Crooky,

Since you are in Canberra I would go and see Jason or Al at Battallion Motors in Fyshwick.

They would most likely have a set and they would be still good too.

That's where I would start looking. Stuff going geniune parts, the prices they ask are an absolute joke.

Cheers Mick.  ;)

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Are you talking T1 or T11, T1 will be the same as Pro T (I think) If you are talking about the lower arm ball joints, which are welded into the arm, there is a listing on this site somewhere for someone who cuts them out and replaces them. Good luck

crooky
Forum Enthusiast

Postby crooky » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:13 pm

Just had alook through all 20 pages in the general section and it wasn't under any obvious heading. About how long ago did it come up?

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:12 pm

It was a fair while ago, hope it wasn't on the early pages that we lost when the site crashed that time, bugga. Try the Honda Oz site.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:59 pm

On my old cabriolet, it needed a LHS CV joint, they took it out and reconditioned it (the parts listed were City Pro-T) I wasn't happy when it said pro-t but objviously they are exchangeable since Cab is based on T2 not T1 or Pro-T (Cab made 86-88, T2 84-86, T1 82-84 etc).

It cost me like $120 from memory. That was for 1 side only.

Is the CV Joint what you mean?

crooky
Forum Enthusiast

Postby crooky » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:37 am

No Luke.  Ball joint.  Hey Mick. Cheers for that info on Batalion motors. I rang the blokes and although they got rid of the cars, they put me onto a wrecker who sold me a couple of ball joints and the tail light in good condition. Putting the ball joints and control arms on was a piece of piss.  Now got ACT rego.  Cheers.

Return to “General”