mugen chip

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: mugen chip

Postby James » Sun May 30, 2004 11:12 am

Charles said this ages ago
T2 has slightly bigger injectors and you do get a difference in O2 readings between T1, T2 and mugen ECUs. T2 ECU will make it slightly richer but only a bit.
So it sounds like they exist, and possibly charles has had a play with them.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun May 30, 2004 5:03 pm

Or that could just be deduced from the fact that the T2 has aslightly bigger turbo and will need more fuel on boost. Where isthe mysterious man when you need him? ::)

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:03 pm

The ECU should have an EPROM that contains the code (data plus program) or at least the table of operating paramaters (temp, O2 etc) versus fuel quantity needed to be injected. Basically you swap over the EPROM. I haven't looked, but I'd be very surprised if the EPROM wasn't in a plug in chip socket so it can be swapped over and even initially programmed and then installed. Should be obviously a memory chip.

To write the file you've downloaded you need (access to) an EPROM programmer which writes to the EPROM using voltage surges versus adreses. Keep the old memory chip (like they're 5 - 10 buck at Jaycar or less) for going back to non mugen settings.

John

tegracer
Forum Regular

Postby tegracer » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:20 pm

no plug in chips in the T1 ecu
I have the software so who is interested in doing the download, eprom burn, chip removal, chip socket replacement etc ?????

Mark_Moddy
Forum Regular

Postby Mark_Moddy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:43 am

I'm interested in doing some 'chip' work.

What do you need from me ?
I have T1 & T2 computers.

I also have a T2 computer that was modified for me by Chip Torque, about 12 years ago. I can't see/feel much difference, but it'd be an interesting comparison anyway.

I'd be interested to hear from you.
I can be emailed or phoned on :

[email protected]

0417 604 426

Cheers

Mark

zipper

Postby zipper » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:21 am

Yo Mark!

Is the Chip you have for the T1 a Standard one or the Mugen version??

If it is the Mugen Edition how much $$ ??

Also How much to post to NZ??

Cheers Man,  ;)

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:03 pm

.Guys,

I have the code for the mugen chips (it is that file that tegracer was quoting). I got a mugen ECU, pulled out the chip, had it downloaded and rewritten to another chip. The chip I gave to John and Chris Thomas

I am trying to get back the my original have a mugen chipped ECU for that guy reffered to by Colza (borrowed but never returned). The guys father is Alan Stewart from Wanganui. They have been waiting some time and I feel pretty average.

I will happily post the to anyone that wants to play with it.

Basically the Mugen ECu richens up the mixture. Boost cut is still there and as someone rightly pointed out there are no ignition maps in the city ECU. You guys may be able to reverse engineer it especially with what is known about Honda code these days.

The file name mentioned by Tegracer was the name of the chip that needs to be pulled out, socketed and rewritten with the mugen code.

If anyone does manage to get these onto a chip I would love it if you can get one to me on an old ECU so I can fix up Alan Stewart. I will pay. The guy I got to do could do it for the price of chips.

turbomini
Forum Participant

Postby turbomini » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:15 pm

i'm also very intrested in getting my T2 computer chipped with the Mugan data i'll pay good $$$$ :D
cheerz
[email protected]

John Seely

australia

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:40 pm

This sounds all good!

If someone can send me the code / software I can write and give it a try.

Ive done a few socket conversions etc on ECUs so it should be a problem at all.

I have access to a EPROM writer etc as well.

Charles - Wouldnt be a problem to make a chip availible, as the blank roms i can often recycle from old computer hardware.

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:52 pm

Well post up your email addresses good people and I will flick it to you.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:12 am

I would also be interested in getting my hands on either the data or a chip which i would pay for.

Emails: [email protected]

Just as a side note I have read conflicting info on if the T1 ecu and the T2 ecu are the same. So are they different? or the Same? and if they are different If a T1 ECU is modded with the mugan data. Would that work in a T2?

Cheers
Ben

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:21 pm

[quote author=Charles link=board=GEN;num=1084965767;start=15#24 date=06/11/04 at 22:52:34]Well post up your email addresses good people and I will flick it to you.[/quote]

[email protected]

Jacko

Postby Jacko » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:23 pm

I would be very interested if anyone could hook me up with any type of chip. My car has not sold and I think I might keep it. For a while anyways.

So atm all I need is a few new pipes. Some brackets to keep the pipes away from the turbo.
And eventually get the engine re ringed.

BUT what I want done is to get rid of the boost cut (16psi or thereabouts).

And do a few more performance mods to get it running well. I think I may need to replace the turbo within the next 10 000k's too.

And because I have SO much turbo lag. Would a nitrous kit demolish a City engine? Even if it was a really small shot (20 - 30hp).

Ive gone a bit off topic but any answers would be great.

City's have twin MAP sensors correct? How hard are they to tune? Does anyone know if mine have been? BOOSTBOY's old car.

Bino

Postby Bino » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:20 am

Well post up your email addresses good people and I will flick it to you.

[email protected]

This is fantastic.  Thanks for your ongoing help Charles.

tegracer
Forum Regular

Postby tegracer » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:10 pm

As the mugen chip can only adjust fuel it can only be of benefit to those people trying to get more fuel into their motors, unless the mugen chip is setup to run a more radical cam in which case it may overfuel an engine with a std cam at low revs.

Charles ....did you have the oportunity to test the mugen against a std chip the same vehicle ?

Return to “General”