Cold start probs

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Sleepy
Forum Regular

Cold start probs

Postby Sleepy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:47 pm

Cold start probs.

Hey all. I have been away for awhile but glad to be back.
For those ppl I know , I have been having trouble with power in my ER1 turbo civic.
I just got my car back a few days ago from Croydon Racing developments here in Sydney (They did the install using MicroTech Digi II to handle my fuel and ignition ages ago). they fixed my power problems ......well most of it anyways. I had a contaminated fuel tank which in turn was feeding rusted/contaminated fuel to my engine. In turn frying my EFI fuel pumps and clogging a elbow joint. All in all a very bad situation.
To get all that fixed it cost me $1800. $1250 for the new fuel pumps , fittings etc and labour. $550 for dyno time.
It sucks that when u go pick up the car, it starts on the very first try with no smoke but when u get it home and leave it overnite, the problems start again.

can anyone help? Im at my wits end. I thought after coming back from a holiday everything would be done and fixed only to realise that theres a long way to go to get my car going the way I want. I cant take it back to them cuz they will charge me an arm or a leg.

Does anyone know of a good Cvcc mech in Sydney?

this is the major prob ive got. Its got something to do with the cold start. Cuz when the engine is at normal operating temp. its starts no probs. its only when I start it for the first time of a day.It cranks then stalls straight away for about 3 times before I can   put my foot down on the accelerator to stop it from stalling. Alot fo white smoke escapes from the exhaust when it starts.

How can a tell the Cvvc injectors is working? Ive done the screwdriver to injector tech. It seems to be working.
What ohm is it supposed to measure at?
Is the cvvc injector above the 3rd injector from the left? Right? or is it in the throttle body?

Please excuse my mechanical dumbness!! lol

Cheers,

sleepy

Colza
Forum Addict

Re: Cold start probs

Postby Colza » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:36 pm

The cvcc injector is the one in the throttle body.

If its a cold start thing it could be autochoke not working? Take it back to croyden and say "you havent fixed it, it still doesnt go, can i have some of my money back?"

Although i get the feeling that the microtech may be at the heart of this problem...

Kam
Forum Regular

Postby Kam » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:24 pm

Dose the Microtech run the cvcc injector?  If so dose the computor run it 'group fire' (fires all injectors at once) or sequential (fires injectors individually).  And dose anyone know how many times the cvcc injector fires per rpm or if it just stays open :-/. (hope it makes sense). I would really be interested in installing a microtech.

Sorry I can't help but I agree with Colza!

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:10 pm

sounds almost like there's no choke programmed in...

except the white smoke :o

Sleepy
Forum Regular

Postby Sleepy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:09 pm

When I bought the damned thing w/ M-tech already installed, everything was working fine.

To my knowledge it is fired sequentially. On the Digi II, it has a standard set up for firing a primary bank of injectors and a secondary bank. But you can hook up an additional 2 banks ie if u want to run extra injectors.
The vacuum advance and timing  is dealt away with in mine cuz the Digi runs that too. Theres a little black ignition adapter module thats hook up to the ECU.

Yeah I plan to take it back to them. But i should have looked it over more carefully when i picked it up. But as I said, when they started it up when i was there it started first go.!! Isnt always the case.

Does anyone know the impendency of the CVCC injector ?

I would stick to the original ECU cuz its a lot less hassle andd if anything goes wrong you have a lot of support from the ppl in here cuz they have the same setup as u.

Im starting to lean towards just getting rid of the CVCC all together and swapping the NA city head onto mine.
Has anyone done this? What mods do i have to do?
Will I lose any power?
the pros and cons?

thanks all for the input

tur8ociv
Forum Participant

Postby tur8ociv » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:38 pm

Holy Shhhhhhhttttttt,

You paid $1800 and it's still not fixed.

And you thought what I was asking for my engine was too much. I was asking half that, and mine was & still is working perfect, with the standard computer.  

It starts first go and I've never had a problem with it.

If you stay with the microtech and try to use CVCC then your going to have problems. I've heard of more failures than successes when trying to run aftermarket computers with CVCC.

If you want to run a std non CVCC head then ask Peter on this forum. I'm sure he can fill you in on the details and cost.

Good luck, you'll be needing it. :o

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:38 pm

I think having spent this much already you better see it through :) Using a non cvcc head is not a cheap option at all! Look at Peters budget! The reason no-one uses aftermarket ecu's is cos no-one has succeded yet. You cant be revolutionary and unique if you give up just cos no-one else has done it!!!

Return to “General”