Nightmare

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Kam
Forum Regular

Re: Nightmare

Postby Kam » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:24 pm

My code was Map sensor disconected!  I think it was due to a faulty wire which I replaced but if it could mean anything else I would really like to know just incase it comes back.

fanx

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:42 pm

This seems to be the most recent post involving
IMA sensors, hunting idles and what not.

So can adjusting the dial/twisty screw thing which is isolated in the top of the MAPsensor/solenoid box thing
have any effects on the hunting??  Is this really the IMA sensor or possibly part# 12?

No on my hunting issue i tried screwing out completely
the screw on farthest drivers side as was suggested by someone else but this has no effect on my hunting.
Whilst it is hunting I can manually push the thing that connects that screw to the diaphragm thing there which when pushed into the diaprhagm (?) lifts the revs.
but hunting still occurs whilst the revs are raised from me doing that too.....
...but I can hear a hiss like an air leak, I swore it was coiming from hoses just before entrance to map sensor box thing , but I took them all off and NO visible cracks
or holes...?!?!?!    >:(  
maybe the air leak is IN the box?!  I can def. hear something clicking on and off in time with the huntuing though....  is there a chance the solenoids can bust or something.   getting into the box is a lot of work
expecially when you need to hear whioch ones clicking on and off...its a serious pain in the @r$e.  

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:14 pm

The clicking on and off will be the idle up solenoid. The vac leak will be the one to look for. Its very hard to spot holes, you may have to start replacing stuff until it stops... an afternoon, a bit of patience and some new vac hose should see the whole lot all brand spanking new 8)

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:51 pm

Righto, thursday Im gonna go out by some appropriate hosing. ;D
I'll try replace as much as possible startign from solanoid control box , and work towards engine... :P

I think just the control box will be a mess in itself as
I was barely able to get te two parts to seperate,
as the bracket was a big headache. :-[
But Im determined, at least if I can stop the hissing I
hear I'll be able to rule out another thing if the hunting & high revs continue     :-/

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:06 pm

Vacuum leak is a very likely cause of idle hunting. Definately the place to start!

And well done for being determined to get rid of it :D too many people seem to be putting up with it! Hunt (hahaha) the bastard down!

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:20 pm

I think that there is a controlled vacuum leak as part of the idle up system that happens inside the black box cause a lot of those solinoid valves just vent to the air if you have a geeze at them. Could be the noise you are hearing, the big two that go into the top of the red hat thing make the noise i think, try blocking those off while the engine is running and the noise should dissapear.

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:28 pm

OMG Im going insane trying to sort thiss out.

OK I took the solanoid thing aprt and had a good look.  
Its in perfect condition, looks seriously brand new.

anyway I replaced the larger hoses #'s 23, 27, within the black box to just the bracket to its right. replaced a smaller one too.  Unfortunetly there were no problems with any of them visible.
Yes a couple do seem to vent, I think thats what they are anyway the map sensors (connected and fed by same hose #25), and also the Frequency Solenoid Valve ((boost controller sensor?? #15).

Any way after having a look, and replacing couple of hoses, its ecatly the same. NO diff in hunting.   >:(

Now what this filter for its part #10, fed by hose 28.
Now my one of these the filter inside was rotten and
crumbling out to the touch, so I've taken this out for access within engine bay if its necessary to
replace filter  (say with small oil catch can air filter or something).
...Also what about the little filter on the Vacumn control
solenoid assembly (part# 12, hoses are 26/27).

Anyway, that got me nowhere, but Im wondering now
whether its soemthingunrelated like the IMA sensor screw not correctly adjusted? Or the Distributor cap
needs advancing or retarding? Can I make minor adjustments to either with out damaging driveability or
make it to lean or rich?!!?  
Also what about the plug that screws into the catalytic
converter does that need to really be in or is it just for temp?!

Next on my list apart from fiddling with distributor
and IMA sensor and taking the PGMf1 bit off to check out  the throttle body see if somethings a miss in there.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
_ _ _  _ __ _  -_  

Ok  its later know, took out that idle control brass csrew thing,,,it was dead filthy. cleaned it , blow out hole, replaced thing, seemed better at first but no, still hunts, still clicks on off etc......   ??? :-[ ??? :-[ ???

Is it safe to play with distributor timing and IMA sensor settings?! withiut messignup firing on boost etc??! (always on optimax).

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:12 pm

Dont worry about dizzy timing, that wont be the problem. Id say take off the PGMFI cover thing and have a look at the throttle plates. See if they are sticking open for whatever reason. If its all scummy in there whip it off and go nuts with a bit of petrol and then grease it all up and put it back together.

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:33 pm

well I took it off but it was totally clean.     :-/

got it all back together again 'cept for the bolt and
philips head ratchet end I managed to drop down onto the heat shield, never to be seen again.

Unfortunetly I broke something.
Theres a red fibrous hose going from below idle adjust
pot thing to a plastic tub thing on passengers far side
which has another hose going down somewhere?!?!
between the big pot and the throttle body bit its got a
check valve or something, Im still trying to find out what it is....  As I snapped off one end of it.  

Is this important?   it doesnt have fuel in it does it...
and if so Can I just bypass it without the valve thing!??!
:-[ :P :-[

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:01 pm

I think you will find that is a one way valve and the line goes to the charcoal canister.

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:24 pm

its this thing,

number 1 is what I busted...
I guess number 2 is the "charcoal canister"
...which does what excatly!?
... and where is hose three going!?

So is it safe to drive with this busted ?the hose is pretty much cut in two at point 1. So can I just take off both halves and replace with one piece? Or should I really
get a one way valve in there...one direction which way exactly!?  and what the hell does it do??~?~

cheers guys....  :)

Fader
Admin

Postby Fader » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:13 am

Smithy, hose 3 should go into the firewall, and back to the fuel tank! its a return line.. i actually broke that one, and just replaced it with a vacuum line for the time being, eventually will get proper fuel hose.

I would do the same if i were you, you can buy it from supercheap, just replace what you need to, and definatly leave the 1 way vavle in, i think it is all just pressure related stuff.. ???

Check my new post Hunting FIXED!! might help you out!

Chris

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:13 pm

cool, Im fine to replace it with vacumn or fuel
hose, cool ...Its the one way valve I snapped a connector off so its useless.  

Do I need to replace it with any particular type, ie
a certain pressure valve!?

thanks again, Im gonna check out you hunting solution now!

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:55 pm

The charcoal cannister filters vented fuel tank gasses i believe. Not exactly a biggie, but you really should get a 1-way valve onto there. Any one way valve will be fine :)

Return to “General”