Pininfarina...trivia..

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
maniaman
Forum Participant

Pininfarina...trivia..

Postby maniaman » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:43 pm

Did you know...
For the Cabriolet owners, Pininfarina(a badge on my lid which confused me) was the designer of softtops for Ferrari... 8)
Woulda been kinda nice if he designed one which doesn't LEAK!! :P
Anyone with ideas on replacing these, where from how much etc...
Have now posted pics in the gallery can anyone tell me whether its a cvcc engine or not(I think its from a civic as I blew the last one up) and silly me had it replaced before I learned anything about it!!

turbocab
Donating Member

Re: Pininfarina...trivia..

Postby turbocab » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:56 pm

as far as the roof goes i would put up with your water leaks if their not too bad. i was quoted $2500 to totally re cover the roof in cloth (like you would see on a bmw etc) all the people i spoke to said they could not get the same material as the original bummer :'(
second hand tops are also becoming as rare as rocking horse poo, but you should keep an eye out for one as this will work out mutch cheaper
I believe mr pinniforina had his hand in the dasign of many exotic cars

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:23 pm

In my 5yr experience with soft-tops, they have been quite good.

Mine only leaked (dribbled on leg) when in terrential rain that's coming down sideways or if i was parked on a weird slant...

Something is wrong with your rubber's, notice how the design has overlap on windows etc and a little rail built into it, this is to distribute the water away from windows etc.

The City Cabriolet are quite well built, alot of soft-tops leak straight from the factory, i can tell you now, my old 1988 cabriolet didn't leak in normal weather conditions and it was completely original condition.

maniaman
Forum Participant

Postby maniaman » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:39 pm

Thanks guys, living in Tassie it rains quite a bit so this is a problem I need to fix, likewise I was quoted "over $2000".  Yes the seals do seem to be shagged..will look in infobase but if youve any ideas on replacement maybe this will fix the problem.  Will have to keep using gaffa tape for now ;)

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:39 am

i am assuming your rubber seal that goes across the top of the windscreen and side windows is broken?
you may be able to find something to replace the side bits at a shop that sells rubber and stuff (like clark rubber, a shop near me) i was also thinking about using some of this black sillicone based sealant stuff my dad used once, but i dont know the propper name, he used to call it allan moffet or some thing??
if the piece across the top of the windscreen is still ok leave it as is. when i switched the one from my old top to the one i bought it wes a real night mare >:(

Return to “General”