my civic running

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
civic
Forum Enthusiast

doors

Postby civic » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:09 pm

yeah man a wrx scoop

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:11 pm

ok peoples been working flat out on my car goes in to get the custom dash done next monday. Got all autometer gauges to put in it have done all the fiberglassing on my car have fitted my lambo doors. And also have fitted my nos tank. But my motor is still not in as got it back 2 weeks ago from the machine shop

The engine is getting built now and looking sweet

my macanic told me between 170 - and 200 kw at the wheels so should be scary any way will post a pic of my car with the doors

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Re: my civic running

Postby BOOSTBOY » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:16 pm

civic wrote:my macanic told me between 170 - and 200 kw at the wheels

lol

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:57 pm

BOOSTBOY wrote:
civic wrote:my macanic told me between 170 - and 200 kw at the wheels

lol

You should win post of the year for that, made my night :lol:

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:07 pm

as funny as that sounds i will wait and see....(the impending dyno run)as civic has shown so far he doesnt mind throwing absurd amounts of money at his car so dont be so quick to dismiss this claim.
good luck with the car mate,and i look forward to updates and pics.
matty

James

Postby James » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:14 pm

Just read back over this thread, its been going for 3 years!!

Your power numbers keep going up and up every page. I guess you *might* be able to get those numbers with a big nasty NOS shot, you will never get enough oxygen in there with boost alone, not to say it won't be slow, sounds like it will be the most built city turbo engine in the world. But yeah don't get your hopes up for 200wkw

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:32 pm

thanks turbo cab yes i have a bit of money to spend on my car and no need for stupid comments.

my claim for power is not over rating it as i know wat it can do i have a 95hp shot of nitrous as well as a massive turbo the turbo is rated at 400hp. The thing is no one is going to belive me untill i get numbers so thats why im letting u guys know how my car is going. My goel is to be a 12 second car. If this motor doesnt get me there im putting in a vtec turbo next year

ps i havent dissed any one on this fourm so do the same for me

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:17 pm

Good luck with the engine, im particularly interested in how its like for lag. Keep us updated :)

James

Postby James » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:40 pm

civic wrote:thanks turbo cab yes i have a bit of money to spend on my car and no need for stupid comments.

my claim for power is not over rating it as i know wat it can do i have a 95hp shot of nitrous as well as a massive turbo the turbo is rated at 400hp. The thing is no one is going to belive me untill i get numbers so thats why im letting u guys know how my car is going. My goel is to be a 12 second car. If this motor doesnt get me there im putting in a vtec turbo next year

ps i havent dissed any one on this fourm so do the same for me

Good response man :D Guess we should start taking you seriously!

With an lsd, some decent tyres and good suspension setup I wouldn't be surprised if you breached high 10's with that sort of power.

As you said your turbo can put out 400 hp of air, however I dont think you will ever get it into powerband without NOS, which is fine 'cause you have NOS :D

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:50 pm

thanks man all good no harm done

as ive said if anyone lives in adelaide i would love to take them to look at my car. 10 sec quater would be insane but i know that with the power to weight ratio it could be possible. I have good springs and suspention and getting mickey thomson street tyres soon. As for my gear box well going to take it eazy when i get it back i have a spare and sending it off to PAR to get a dog box made

Just to let u know Angus Button /STU88Y/ the 12 second quater has sold his car and all his stuff

James

Postby James » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:00 am

Oh yeah? Do you know who all the stubby stuff went to?

Its a shame you havn't gotten more pics of your build, in 3 years youve managed 2 cellphone pics!

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:11 am

i can find out for u i talk to him every now and again

about the pics. Well im not realy the kind of guy to take pics. I took two with a camera as well and i got laughed at about the camera i had so thats why i take them with a phone. look at my previes post. No harm doing with me saying this BUT didnt every one say when i first got on this fourm that when i said i was getting a new computer for my car all u guys said was u cant do it and i have proved every body wrong. Is that correct . I just want to say dont laugh at my figers that im telling u as any think is possibe as i have proved. My car is in one of the best machanics around.

thanks ben/ SNAIL

James

Postby James » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:41 am

I just read back over the thread and no one said you wouldn't get an aftermarket ECU on there, we all just were doubtful of whether your mechanic had city turbo experience, as most of us have had cases of going to mechanics who say "yeh yeh Ive done it all before" then they actually start working on a city and realise its completely different and they don't have a clue whats going on.

But yeah from what you have told us it sounds like the EMS was pretty successful, I am surprised the car ran so well with no cvcc injector but there you go, you did prove us wrong there. I have a feeling its because you probably have quite a rich tune (for good power) so the mixture still gets through to the cvcc chamber.

We have also been skeptical because of the way you come across. If you posted using decent grammar and proper words (not txt speak) then I feel you would be taken a lot more seriously.

When you type in txt speak it makes you sound like a 15 year old kid talking shit. I understand you might have left school early or whatever so may not have text book perfect english skills but using whole words and capitals etc makes a big difference to the readibility and its easy to do.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:50 pm

Thats cool i have learned over the years of being here. No its not running very rich to keep running it was running perfect. The EMS system on my car is unbelivabe works a treat it took my machanic a while to make it work as he had to modify the dissy as the EMS needs 10 degrees timing to make it run. When i get the car running i will post endless amounts of pics on here its just a bit hard as its in the shop. I go there nearly every day to work on it. I have achived so much on my car over the past year and its almost done. I have shaved my door locks and handles all my badges and rear lock. Also my side indercators. Finished putting my new compition subs in. My stereo consist of 6.amps/ 4 /5 tvs 1 20inch screen at the back/ dvd player/ ps2 / 4 sets of splits / 2 8inch subs in the doors have not finished my doors yet in progress. Putting the 20lb bottle of nos in the back.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:11 pm

more pics of my one of my old systems in garage

Return to “General”