my civic running

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
civic
Forum Enthusiast

Re: my civic running

Postby civic » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:14 pm

hey almost got pics getting some new tyres for the thing 195s im getting by 14 inch wheels wat u guys think about a oil catch can might be getting 1

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:39 am

[quote author=Colza link=board=GEN;num=1094014232;start=0#11 date=09/05/04 at 15:46:39]I think there may be some creative rounding in there.

City = approx 800 mayby 850 for T2
2G civic = 800
1G civic = 680
[/quote]

hey just outa interest, we took pgnutas t2 down to the weigh bridge, was 780kgs complete with massive sound install!!
there alot lighter than 800kgs eh!

Jw

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:36 pm

putting a mr2 front mount on it supersonic blow off and duel stage boost controler and kand n filtir got a 2and a half inch stainless steel exhaust with high flow cat. Took it 4 a spin last night the first time in the car f**k its quick

If you have done all of this and get that intercooler in then you should be able to run 15psi fine on the stock engine. You can run up to about 17psi but that is really pushing the envelope on running lean.
The oil catch can is kinda unnecessary as citys pretty much dont chuck out any oil like other Hi-Po engines do but i could be a neat looking addition to your engine bay. They help a bit when your running higher boost thou cause when your engine coughs up oil it is passed from the rocker cover to the intake and added to the mixture to reduce emissions. Adding oil to the mixture reduces the effective octane rating of the fuel and can lead to detonation but as i said not really an issue when your only winding in a few more pounds.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

Postby civic » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:45 pm

cool thanks any other mods i can do dont exactly want to pull the engine apart yet

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:01 pm

In a turbo engine you pretty much want to reduce restriction before and after the turbo, before it you want the biggest and shortest concievable path to cold air coming straight into it and after it you want to keep the path as straight as you possibly can and use pipe that has about te same inside diameter as the inside diameter of the turbo outlet. You loose some boost for ever bend you put in the pipe. You could also add something like a water spray to your cooler for a bit lower intake temps, or have a less restrictive one of those right angle bends the air goes into the engine through, the red thing, made up. Basically if you want to improve your power, find out the smallest  constriction in the air's path and remove it, if you do all that i just listed, after that you would have to start maybe filing down the centre bits flat in your throttle body or having it opened out a bit, just the big hole dont bother with the little one. Also improving the flow after then engine is good, a nice smoothly made mandrel bent dump pipe goes a long way for performance, the best way to do it is to have your exhaust shop get a new flange plate cut for the turbo and to have about a 2.5" or 3" dump welded up to the flange. If your mates with a fabricator or have some more money get them to make it a split dump, separate the flows from the wastegate and turbo and then either dump the wastegate to the ground for a screamer or plumb it back in after about 40cm of dump, all this increases flow speed and reduces unwanted turbulence.

irokin

Postby irokin » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:34 pm

[quote author=civic link=board=GEN;num=1094014232;start=0#0 date=09/01/04 at 14:50:32]hey guys got my civic running if u didnt know i put a city turbo 2 engine in to it looking to do 12s down the quater with nos got any tips[/quote]

dont...

irokin

Postby irokin » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:36 pm

[quote author=civic link=board=GEN;num=1094014232;start=0#9 date=09/05/04 at 15:37:20]its not a city its a civic 300kg lighter[/quote]

wtf? when did they start making civics with carbon fiber monoques!?

civic
Forum Enthusiast

Postby civic » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:03 pm

thanks 4 ur help guys what u mean by doing up the throttle body how do i make it bigger

civic_killer

Postby civic_killer » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:47 pm

if its completly stock 15 would be fine. mine hits boost cut at 16 but that easy enough to fix if you want more.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

Postby civic » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:44 pm

yeah cool thanks ill do some of toem mods and ill keep u posted ok thanks any more tips please help me specialy about the nos part

civic
Forum Enthusiast

Postby civic » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:16 pm

i got heaps of new things 4 it now spent some more on it got my body kit on and my intercooler

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:21 pm

Bodykit?

civic
Forum Enthusiast

Postby civic » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:37 pm

thats right a body kit u know off of mick bradford looks sweet got under car neons and some more work to my engine

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:32 pm

I am getting that bumper too. Not so sure on the neons, but its your car :P

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:12 am

Traction is the big problem. With our Civic you get a lot of power steer in 1st at high power output and despite the rather large tyres the wheels spin quite easily -  and the set up is simply a fairly nicely ported top end, balanced engine with Nugen bolts in big end, high tensile studs in the head and an equal length exhaust manifold sriving the Garret GT17. If you had enough horses to do 12s I suspect you'd need seriously overwidth tyres - and would then need more horses to drag that weight along.

But sounds like fun trying!

John

Return to “General”