my civic running

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: my civic running

Postby James » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:45 pm

civic wrote:Thats cool i have learned over the years of being here. No its not running very rich to keep running it was running perfect. The EMS system on my car is unbelivabe works a treat it took my machanic a while to make it work as he had to modify the dissy as the EMS needs 10 degrees timing to make it run. When i get the car running i will post endless amounts of pics on here its just a bit hard as its in the shop. I go there nearly every day to work on it. I have achived so much on my car over the past year and its almost done. I have shaved my door locks and handles all my badges and rear lock. Also my side indercators. Finished putting my new compition subs in. My stereo consist of 6.amps/ 4 /5 tvs 1 20inch screen at the back/ dvd player/ ps2 / 4 sets of splits / 2 8inch subs in the doors have not finished my doors yet in progress. Putting the 20lb bottle of nos in the back.

Much nicer :D

Can't wait till its running man, you can take angus buttons street fwd turbo drag title off him :P

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:56 pm

Ha ha i would but he hasent held it for ages. Another person with a 77 civic with a b16 in it holds it with a 12.4 i think. If any body didnt know wat power angus button had it was 185hp- 125kw @ the wheels on 13 psi and was putting it up to 20psi. As soon as he put it up to i think 18psi he started to have a couple of problems. I dont think he never got to run 20 psi. i just hope the guy who brought it will still race it.

James

Postby James » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:11 pm

Yeah he was running on 185 semi slicks too, tiny tyres. I imagine once he got the phantom grip in there and started to get traction he probably started to break CV joints. There are a few options to help with this if you find you run into this problem.

I would have thought a turbo b16 in a 1st gen would go a heck of a lot faster than 12.4, guess it depends how much they have done to the engine.

Yeah it would be a damn shame for that car to dissapear, hopefully they make it go faster. Do you know what happened to angus' city? Does he still have it?

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:26 pm

yeah he had all the cv joints he had also mickey thomson slicks. Not sure wat happened to his city but he tried selling it to me for $7000

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:35 pm

bigelboe wrote:
BOOSTBOY wrote:
civic wrote:my macanic told me between 170 - and 200 kw at the wheels

lol

You should win post of the year for that, made my night :lol:

Nah mate, i just read your post about suspension :shock:

Hey, i wish civic all the best with his project dont get me wrong; it's just that there is no way that any ER engine is going to make 200kw at the wheels. Thats 268hp at the wheels, something like 325hp at the crank. There's plenty of reasons why i doubt that'd ever happen that no amount of nitrous will fix.

No disrespect intended civic - i just think you are better off looking down the path of another engine type if they are your power goals and save yourself the money and heartache!

Please, prove me wrong! :wink:

James

Postby James » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:38 pm

Yeah if you had started with an EL engine you could have got really really good numbers without anywhere near as much effort, a set of pistons and rods and a decent turbo, woulda been there. I just recently discovered rb20det pistons fit with a 1mm overbore too :D

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:41 pm

bigelboe wrote:Yeah if you had started with an EL engine you could have got really really good numbers without anywhere near as much effort, a set of pistons and rods and a decent turbo, woulda been there. I just recently discovered rb20det pistons fit with a 1mm overbore too :D

With the ER head?

James

Postby James » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:30 pm

F*CK no, you would be strangling the heel out of a 1600 or 1800 with an ER head. If you want to keep cvcc you can go for an EK head, its pretty much identical to the city turbo head except for having like 36mm intake valves instead of the city turbos 28mm ones or whatever they are.

Supposedly the EL head has much better flow figures, I have heard this from a number of sources. It has the same size valves as the EK aswell which makes for big valves on a 1600cc motor. The 2nd gen EL made 100hp in JDM form, so with an exhaust it would already be up to the same power as a factory city turbo 2. Then if you throw boost in there its all on, 200hp is pretty realistic with fairly reasonable boost levels, my guess probably around 10-14 psi on a largeish turbo. Rayjay made 8psi turbo kits for them back in the day, and that was un-intercooled so Im hoping it wil take 10psi of punishment.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:37 pm

Thats cool boost boy but i feel a bet coming along dont ever say cant. With money the possibilitys are endless as i have proved a couple over the years ive been here. So can u put your money where your mouth is.

Back on the engine as i said if this engine dont make my power figures as i want i will be turbocharging a vtec next year. So no need to be talking about 1600s and 1800s why not go the 2ltr

James

Postby James » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:33 pm

The 1600's and 1800's Im talking about bolt straight in where the city turbo was. They are just about externally identical block-wise. So for all us plebs without enough money to swap in a VTEC motor they are just the ticket for big-cheapish power numbers.

If you do go VTEC you will probably be better off staying with a b16. They can easily make the power you want, considering they can make 200wkw on an internally stock block (reliability is an issue tho).

If you go any bigger you will struggle to fit it under the bonnet, the B18 is around 50mm taller than the b16 and I assume the K20 is even bigger. Dont go anywhere near a b20 for a turbo application, the blocks are shit.

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:50 pm

civic wrote:Thats cool boost boy but i feel a bet coming along dont ever say cant. With money the possibilitys are endless as i have proved a couple over the years ive been here. So can u put your money where your mouth is.

Back on the engine as i said if this engine dont make my power figures as i want i will be turbocharging a vtec next year. So no need to be talking about 1600s and 1800s why not go the 2ltr

I stand by saying 'can't' in this case. If you are using an ER head and block, you won't go near 325hp. But, again, please prove me wrong - you'll need more than my money from a bet to even attempt it!

What endless possibilities have you proved in all your years here? :?:

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:35 pm

haha funny. I have proved lots

nothink more to say

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:02 am

Like what? Im genuinely interested!

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:01 pm

lambo doors... i posted the pic.. it was in colour therefore it was genuine :-)

Well it doesn't sound like it's going to be far off.. I can wait another month or few months for some decent pics and vids. Again, email them to me and I'll post 'em up.

Andy

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:56 pm

Thanks man yeah i always say this but hoping bout a mounth or two i will send more pics and vids soon.

Return to “General”