my civic running

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
civic
Forum Enthusiast

yeah

Postby civic » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:09 pm

doin a grind on the cam dude will rev out to 7

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:14 pm

Cam isn't the only thing in the picture with revs, but it will help.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

ok

Postby civic » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:16 pm

just saying wat my macanic said he knows wat he is doin trust me should see the cars he has done crazy 8.9.10 second cars

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:53 pm

Hey guys, been a while since i've posted here but i just had to have a say on this one.

There is no way in hell that ANY ER engine will run decently with ANY GT30 hanging off it! They run a 66mm bore, you'll never fit two valves in there big enough to accomodate the airflow a GT30 can produce.

Just because your mechanic has produced 9s cars doesn't mean he can make this work. Mate, a GT30 is big on an SR20!

A nice little T25BB or a HKSGT2510 would be the max you'd ever need and produce virtually any boost level you'd want - why go bigger?

Having said a that, go do it and make us eat our words!

Good luck - post some pics!

civic
Forum Enthusiast

no prob

Postby civic » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:55 pm

thanks for ur words not going to do its getting done

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:56 pm

BOOSTBOY wrote:Hey guys, been a while since i've posted here but i just had to have a say on this one.

There is no way in hell that ANY ER engine will run decently with ANY GT30 hanging off it! They run a 66mm bore, you'll never fit two valves in there big enough to accomodate the airflow a GT30 can produce.

Haha, good to hear from you :D

civic
Forum Enthusiast

will do

Postby civic » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:47 pm

not going to do it its getting done now

Mariusz

Postby Mariusz » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:46 pm

At the end of the day a motor is just a pump. The limiting factor to how much air it can pump are the tiny valve that the ER head has. Unfortunatly they can not be enlarged. The only way around this is if your mechanic can defys the laws of thermodynamics or your motor is going to run 35psi ++.
Now for the motor to spool up the T3 to 35psi +, theory and practice dictate that this will not happen till well past 6000rpm. The turbo probably wont come on boost till 5000rpm +. Why, because the tiny valve wont allow it to. However ther is a way around it to an extent anyway, either run antilag (the motor wont last very long) or use NOS to spool it up quicker (the motor wont last very long). If you dont the car will be really sluggish to drive.

For a guy who spend $22k on the car and $8k on the motor how can you not afford a $200 digital camera to document what seems to be a really awesome project.

Lastly can any one on this forum actualy verify that this car actually exists and that it isnt just someones wet dream?

James

Postby James » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:46 am

You make some good points Mariusz, one thing is that antilag doesnt help turbo spool when your on what and start from low down, it either keeps the turbo going when you are not on the accel pedal or it makes a big bang when you jump back on the exhaust pedal to spin the turbo hard, neither of which are going to be particualrily helpful in a dyno or drag situation.

NOS on the other hand could help get it spooled, but again as I said before, youd probably make more power and have a wider powerband with a smaller turbo.

Buut anyway, lets leave the poor guy alone, it seems his mechanic is calling the shots so we cant really blame civic for choosing the turbo. Good luck mate hope to see those pics soon.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

funny

Postby civic » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:06 pm

guys its called being jelous i get it all the time dont belive me ring me ill show u the car please let me show u and its my dads camera wasnt going to put any pics on here but u guys wouldnt belive me and u still dont all good guys guess ill have the faster car wont i a high performance car macanic would know a lot more than u guys can tell u that now

James

Postby James » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:09 pm

Hey bro I believe youve got the car and getting all the shit done to it. The one thing Im doubting is your mechanics experience with city turbos.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

yeah

Postby civic » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:30 pm

dude he knows alot more than any one on here trost me he knows all the insides he does a wild job on it mine is almost done dude when it is complete hoping before crisy will show numbers to prove every one my engine is looking sweet with the turbo and new pistons with the custom manifold and it all board out looking good

James

Postby James » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:04 pm

Yup, sounds good bro. Wish I was in aus so I could take a cane in it when its done.

Even if you do have to downsize your turbo to get it driveable thats not a major thing, the engine will be all sorted, easy to change a turbo.

Hyperblade

Re: funny

Postby Hyperblade » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:02 pm

civic wrote:guys its called being jelous i get it all the time dont belive me ring me ill show u the car please let me show u and its my dads camera wasnt going to put any pics on here but u guys wouldnt belive me and u still dont all good guys guess ill have the faster car wont i a high performance car macanic would know a lot more than u guys can tell u that now

What you may not realise is that a few of the members on here are very experienced with Honda city turbo engines, and how they work. Your mechanic is unlikely to have the same experience.

However good luck with the car.

Oh and can you stop using text speak and start using your enter button (i.e paragraphs). It would be greatly appreciated as its hard to read what your writing.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

no prob

Postby civic » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:02 pm

no prob dude ill send some more pics of the stereo and under the bonet when i get it back

Return to “General”