my civic running

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:23 pm

i did not say it was a race car if i was going for the fastest in the world i wouldnt have any stuff in the car but need it as a show car and a race car i know them two dont mix but ive tried my best

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: my civic running

Postby James » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:56 pm

civic wrote:ur a smart man but wat u just said then made everybody on this fourm 5% dumber . Iweigh 60kg my wheels do not weigh 30kg not even half that. If ur exhaust wayed 25kg i would be taking it back as a exhaust should only be 15-20 and dont forget i have taken my back seat out and my spare tyre my seats aye 50% lighter and getting a civic to 480kg hahahahahaha yeah right

i did respect u on this fourm but ur starting to get cama / give shit to people u will be getting it right back

Ok I just tried to post a reply but lost here, Ill try again.

-10kg for your weight, fair enough

Wheels: you have speedy sirocco chrome mags. These are a cast mag so probably weigh 8kg each at the very least, probably closer to 10kg. Tyres are approximately 10-12kg each so your wheels/tyres inflated are about 20kg a corner. That makes 80kg. Compare that to the weight of the factory 12" steelies and 145 crossplies and I think you will be quite surprised at the weight difference.

Exhaust: I just did some calculations and yes I may have exagerrated a bit there, my car has about 13kg worth of 2.5" pipe and probably 5kg of muffler, add another 1kg for weld and flanges and tip and you have about 18-19kg of exhaust, about what you say.

Back seat weighs about 10-12kg. Spare tyre probably 10kg so thats another -20kg

What type of seats are you using? Thats a lot lighter. say -20kg for those.

Things I didnt add: Extra weight of the 5 speed transmission over the 4 speed or hondamatic, about 5kg, extra weight of an LSD, about 5kg. Not sure what brakes you are going with but I hope you are upgrading them :/

OK so thats a total of -60 kg from my original guess, so you race weight will be closer to 1000kg.

Me saying 480kg was actually a typo, it was 450kg. It was the mugen team race eb1 civic and it had a full cage and slicks. Made around 160hp from the EB1 motor N/A and was freaking quick (as you can imagine)

Balancing show and go isn't an easy thing to do as you say, personally I would have gone for a lighter weight interior theme. Carbon fiber looks freaking awesome and it weights next to nothing. Its not all that hard to make an mdf/bog plug up for a dash then have someone make a carbon shell for it.

Yeah so I don't think my estimates were so far off that the whole forum was made dumber :/

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:14 pm

i have bride buckets seats and 450 kg how the hell did they get it down to that

James

Postby James » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:37 pm

Sweet, bride make some means seats.

No idea how they got it that light, pretty bloody insane.

Must have been thin lexan on all windows, lightweight mags, lightweight suspension, maybe aluminium.

Then probably hollow fiberglass bonnet, guards, doors and hatch. Then possibly starting to cut out parts of the steel that dont give extra strength, like passenger floor pan and stuff.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:42 pm

blody hell man thats light as but good

ProT
Donating Member

Postby ProT » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:50 pm

I remember hearing a story about acid dipping the car shells for the HQ race cars to reduce the amount of metal before they welded in the roll cage.

No idea if this is true and if so how much weight it removed.

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:40 pm

sin-city_turbo
Forum Regular

Postby sin-city_turbo » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:26 pm

cool custom dash but what happens if you stand on the floor monitors??

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:56 pm

i wont my seat almost sit over them as i am small and have to put my seat foard

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:16 pm

That's nothing.. I've seen a jacked up 4WD with TFV screens in the mud guards.. show car, njobody was tall enough to see into the cabin so he put them in the guards.. heheh sweet.

not a fan myself but hey each to their own...

ANdy

James

Postby James » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:07 pm

Just plotted a 350HP City turbo engine making full boost at 5000rpm and peak power at 6800 revving to 7000 (this is the specs I could get from reading the pasts posts). It has to run 34psi of boost to get that power and as you can see the entire operation of the engine is well in the surge area of the smaller trim GT30. Running 250HP drops the graph down to a slightly less than 3.0 pressure ratio but the whole graph is still int he surge area. Im not dissing you at all civic, this is just the maths of a city engine and I recon your engine builder has made a bad choice RE:Turbo. But in saying that its gonna be easy enough to stick a smaller one on.

Playing around with the maps a garrett GT 2259 is pretty much exactly the right size for a 250HP drag city turbo motor. It spends most of its time in the meaty part of the efficiency, still have to run 30psi but thats not unreasonable on a forged engine.

But anyway, theory aside, hows your build going?

civic
Forum Enthusiast

my civic running

Postby civic » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:15 pm

yeah my car going good engine is getting there have said that for a while but. My macanic wants to take it slow to see how things r going so that graph was that with a 100hp nos system as well

James

Postby James » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:15 pm

Nah that wasn't with NOS, not sure how to model that. NOS doesnt increase how much boost the turbo can make or anything but it will definately help spool it quicker.

a_spec
Forum Participant

Postby a_spec » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:30 pm

What ever happened to this build? Honda city turbo builds go on for years,with no end results!!!!
:lol:

Mike_NZ
Donating Member

Postby Mike_NZ » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:41 am

I think this is my favourite thread on this forum, I remember having a few chuckles to myself as the story unfolded. Shame it never seemed to reach a conclusion.

Return to “General”