Master Cylinder replacement?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Master Cylinder replacement?

Postby AnimaLector » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:36 pm

Hey all, I am selling the city and need to find a replacement Master cylinder for the city turbo I..  Honda Care want $360 or $306 or something for it as they can't find one. and want to get my original one reco'd.. surely there's a part that'll bolt in, as a replacement for heaps less than that.  if anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Also I'm after wheel cylinders etc etc to go with that for the rear brakes..  I'm assuming these are generic / repco parts (hopefully)

Thanks
Andy

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: Master Cylinder replacement?

Postby Henry » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:25 pm

I had one re-coed for a lot less than that, they reamed it out and put a stainless liner in it so it will never rust again. Rear wheel cylinders were available as change-overs. All this stuff is common with the Pro T.

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:05 am

Yeah I rang around and got a quote for $360 from ABS in Mt Ommany for the master cylinder reco, rear wheel cylinders, brake linings, machining the drums etc .  Much better than the $785 the other guys wanted..  I am also concerned about the steering rack end.  There's a listing for two parts in the spares book..  one's for a City (including turbo model) but is spec'd as a 84 - 86 model and is 317mm in length.  The other is shorter (295mm) and is spec'd for a city 81 - 84 chassis number AA-XXXXX etc..  I'm assuming this will bolt up to the City Turbo 1 aswell..    if anyone can verify this?

Andy

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:00 am

The rack end, i think the shorter is t1 , the longer t2.

PGNUTA bought the shorter one from memory for his t2, which now sits on my t1.

Have a search he posted this up somewhere.

Cheers

Jw

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:50 am

Yeah I figured that was it.  Only thing is that in the spares book it said excluding Turbo, next to the part listing..  I'm assuming they were talking about the T2 however since the T1 body / steering system is pretty close to the stocko City...

I'll be getting the shorter one anyway so if it doesn't fit I'l post a warning.
Later.
Thanks for that

Andy

Return to “General”