Temp Gauge not working?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Temp Gauge not working?

Postby AnimaLector » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:35 pm

Since I have had the clutch put it I've noticed that the temperature gauge isn't comming up.  I've had a lok under the bonnet and from what I can see there's a sensor at the base of the radiator, and I can't see too many others.

Where is the temp sensor?

Also, the top of the radiator is warm.. the bottom is COLD. the top hose is warm, the bottom hose is cold, however where the bottom hose joins the motor, that section of metal pipe is warm (assumed radiated heat from motor) is it possible they've just forgot to put a sensor back on or is there a bigger problem.. car still has plenty of coolent in the rad as well as the overflow. runs fine.. just no temp gauge. thanks all..

Andy

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Re: Temp Gauge not working?

Postby doggystyle » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:29 am

sounds like your thermostat is naffed.. it decides wether or not to let cool water in from the rad.. or(i dunno wether citys need it) you could try bleeding the cooling system

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:50 am

watter pump??

mozzy
Admin

Postby mozzy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 am

From other thread:

temp sensor is located just below and forwards a little of the thermostat housing, on the head, its just got one little wire going to it

campbell
Forum Enthusiast

Postby campbell » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:12 am

The sender nipple is well hidden, untill you know where to look.  Look straight down behind the crank position sensor.  Also check the section of wiring loom that goes along this end of the engine carrying the alterrnator wires and oil pressure sensor connection.

If it's not hooked up, there should be a single bullet connect waiting for your firm grasp.

Not having it connected will make no difference to how the car runs, just that nervousness about not knowing the temp.  (At least we have a gauge.  Have you noticed that the Jazz does not have a gauge?  A blue light for cold, and, probably, a red light for over heat?)

regards,
Campbell
Brisbane

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:18 pm

Mechanic said the sensor is faulty, hopefully no other problems beyond that.  So, does anyone know of a part number for the temp sensor? or is it a generic, city / civic item that I can buy from Repco?
Thanks
Andy

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:01 pm

If you look at page 4 of "Project. Boostboys City" you will find enough info to test the sensor, if it stopped working when the clutch was changed then it's a fair bet that something has not been re-connected, or a wire broken. There is another temp sensor in the bottom of the radiator but I thought that only switched the fan, this would have been un-pluged to get the gearbox out. Would be worth checking.

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:55 pm

THanks Henry, checked the wires already, it has been hooked up correctly and when the car was in for a service the mechs said it was a faulty sender..  so back to the problem of where to get a replacement? stock City equivalent?? or turbo specific?
Cheers
Andy

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:58 pm

Just read COlza's post from the other thread I kinda hijacked..  I'll just get a temp sensor for a stocko city and hope it does the job..  it can't cost much.. if not I'll try the wreckers..  Car get's sold on Wednesday and want everything perfect before it goes. (hence all teh repairs etc)

Andy

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:03 pm

Sender from stock City / accord / civic / etc fits and works a treat.. no worries!!

THanks guysLater
Andy

Return to “General”