Vac Advance Part Number

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Colza
Forum Addict

Vac Advance Part Number

Postby Colza » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:31 pm

Does anyone know a Honda part number for the Vac Advance unit? I guy i was chatting to the other day said he thought you could still get them new from Honda, but i need a part number to see if they can track one down...

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Vac Advance Part Number

Postby AnimaLector » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:25 pm

I went through all this ages ago.. I don't think you can unless you can find a honda dealer who still happens to have one in stock... I tried to get it out of Japan.. apparently can't get it.  if you search back far enough I think you'll find the part number but I Can't remember it.
Andy

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:27 pm

found it..
30104PD1912  control vacuum
Do a search for "unhelpfull" it's in a topic started by me..
later
ANdy

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:59 pm

http://www.cityturbo.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=GEN;action=display;num=1077925583;start=1

Thats the link to the thread, cheers for that :) managed to miss that with my ransacking of the forum. Knew it would be there somewhere ::)

Has anyone in NZ found someone who reco's them? Ill have a go at ringing up everyone in the Yellow Pages on monday...

I bought a second hand one from Strong for Honda ages ago, been replaced on guarantee twice already and just gone again. I think 20 years on even the ones that havent died yet only have a few more months left in them, time to go new or recon :)

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:52 pm

[quote author=Colza link=board=GEN;num=1107585074;start=0#3 date=02/05/05 at 18:59:18]

I bought a second hand one from Strong for Honda ages ago, been replaced on guarantee twice already and just gone again. I think 20 years on even the ones that havent died yet only have a few more months left in them, time to go new or recon :)[/quote]

agreed, becomeing a rear find in good nick.
and no, i havent tried to get one reconed yet..

Cheers

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:21 pm

Good news :) had a BIG chat to my local Honda dealer.

For a start, the part number is correct 8) Somewhere in the system it changes from 30104-PD1-911 into 30104-PD1-912 but they are both the same part ::)

(and from my watching him mess around for ages, the 30104 is a general description of the part, in this case a vac advance, PD1 i think is a specific type of vac advance mayby the one with 2 hoses to it as all the other city models are PC something, 911/912 god knows :P)

I have one on order from japan for somewhere between $130- $190 NZ but he doesnt find out if they actually have any until they send something back.

I also have a copy of the parts diagram of the distributor assembly with a full list of part numbers. This i believe is missing from the Part Numbers list in the InfoBase so i will scan that and add it in tonight :)

And now, the grand finale...

I managed to get down the URL of the Electronic Parts Catalogue (written on various parts of my body in highlighter while he wasn't loooking ;)). This is only supposed to be accessable to Honda Dealers, not the general public so im not sure if it is any use to us or not. Explorer gives me a strange error i havent seen before, but someone more knowledgeable can probably say what it means.

[url]http://hops.honda.co.jp/cgi-bin/EPCWEB[x].exe[/url]

where [x] is an integer, i saw him use stuff between 1 and 27 with 27 being something City Turbo related.

Go on, someone can have some fun with that im sure ;)

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:50 pm

You need a username / password for that site :(

Good stuff otherwise!

Cheers

Jw

campbell
Forum Enthusiast

Postby campbell » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:13 pm

Hi lads,

A note on the part numbers.  Honda have been the butt of many jokes over the years as a result of the perceived complexity of the part number.  But, the first block of numbers is a function indicator, this is virtually common to all Honda models.  You'll know straight off if it's for the exhaust, or gearbox or interior trim and so on.

The 3 character middle block is the car indicator (eg SAO is the 1335 Civic of 1981-1983) and the final block is the specific part indicator.  Each step on is an indicator that there's a change from the preceding model.

Have a look at the parts list on the HCOAQ website to explore the earlier models.

I too will be interested in this vacuum advance sourcing saga.

regards,
Campbell

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:48 pm

I was kinda close then ::)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:12 am

Word has come back from Honda Japan that the part is no longer available :'(

Reconditioner here we come!

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:03 am

Picked up another leaking vac advance which is now off to be reconditioned. Shore Performance in Glenfield Auckland send them away to some guy in the South Island. They wouldnt give me any contact details because apparently he works from home and only does it as a special favour to them. Sounds to me like thye put a mark up on it and dont want me going directly to him, but oh well, we'll see how it goes :)

tegracer
Forum Regular

Postby tegracer » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:28 pm

[quote author=Colza link=board=GEN;num=1107585074;start=0#10 date=02/22/05 at 11:03:50]Picked up another leaking vac advance which is now off to be reconditioned. Shore Performance in Glenfield Auckland send them away to some guy in the South Island. They wouldnt give me any contact details because apparently he works from home and only does it as a special favour to them. Sounds to me like thye put a mark up on it and dont want me going directly to him, but oh well, we'll see how it goes :)[/quote]

some one in ChCh try and report back
quality rebuilds
5 Fenhall St
ph Barry  03  342 5677

I think you will find this is where they are being done .

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:26 am

Its back now. Seems to be ok, but its only been on for about 20mins :P Cost was $120 plus shipping which was about $5.

Return to “General”