workshop manual

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
pirate

workshop manual

Postby pirate » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:26 pm

hi all, i need a full workshop manual for a t1, it needs to have all the torque settings and tuning settings as well as general parts info, any help here would be cool, thx  :) andy

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: workshop manual

Postby Hyperblade » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:24 pm

If you find a book post it up on the site. They are so rare its not funny, I heard you could buy them from honda though, but at a huge cost.

All the info you need is actually in the info base http://www.cityturbo.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=FAQ

Cheers
Ben

Jacko

Postby Jacko » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:35 am

Yeah I went looking for one. Only place I could find one (after trying uni's, librarys, numerous mechanics, internet etc) was at Honda. They said they could get me one so I was really excited.. until I found out it was $800.  :-/

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:38 am

Maybe if everyone here in the site put in $20 for it we could get one scan it and then we'd be right forever... just a thought.

ANdy

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:09 pm

sounds like a good cause to donate to however will this manual be in english or japanese?turbo 1 or 2?or both? needs to be only accesable to those who payed eg password or the like no freeloaders hehe
ile chuck in!!!!!!!!

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:37 pm

I would chuck in too. My Honda dealer has given me the contact details for a Japanese Manual translator. Im not sure how much it would cost but i can find out.

I have most of a T1/T2 manual here. It was copied for me by a friend of a friend of a friend who is an exporter in Japan. Im not sure where he managed to score it from but it is not complete. The engine section is missing and possibly others i don't know about, but there is some useful info, enough to have been very useful to me and Bigelboe and our fairly poor Japanese translation skills :P

Assuming we can get 20 people in on this, we would be looking at $40 + whatever it costs to get the translation done + photocopying to get it out to everyone. Putting it up online in a passworded section could work, but im not sure its worth the effort, hard copies are SO much more useful!

I will head back to my Honda dealer tomorrow and see what he can do us :) (he knows me quite well now, been in every working day last 2 weeks ::))

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:46 pm

The issue is with the legality of putting a book like that up on the net.  They are out there in english already, just a matter of finding it.

What specific questions do you have Pirate?

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:49 pm

I have it under fairly good authority that no Honda City Turbo manual was ever published in english. Hence the reason that no Honda dealer has the faintest idea what the F**K to do with one ::)

As the guys at my dealer said. One had never even heard of it and was shocked when we managed to find part listings for it, the other guy had seen 3 in the last 10 years.

EDIT:
LOL i have a dealer 8)

EDIT EDIT:
And its your call cos its your site, and PGNUTA's call cos hes hosting it, but who the hell is gonna prosecute 20 guys over a manual thats 20 years old :-*

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:34 pm

hard copy sounds good then  ;D
engine section is the bit ime sure most people will be keen for, me especially!(the search continues)
my cousins boyfreind (who used to manage a honda dealership )tried to track one down for me when i first got the cab he also says there not avalible in english :'(
$800 is absurd though, its only a book surely we can do better than that
good luck +me still keen az

Jacko

Postby Jacko » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:36 pm

Hmm I dont know TurboCab I searched high and low and the best I could do was Honda...
I have one more idea though, Ill talk to a guy I know who imports cars and Ill also send a few emails out to various importing companies (J spec, etc).

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:52 pm

dont get me wrong here jacko ime sure you searched a darn side harder than me and props to ya for the mission but $800 :ofor a workshop manuel jeeeze

Jacko

Postby Jacko » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:18 pm

Oh yeah I agree with you there its f***king outrageous!

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:05 pm

Can't you just get the part No from the info-base and order one? Has the old one been tested yet? (I'm talking about the TW sensor here)

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:26 pm

I've emailed our mate over at http://www.pure.cc and he came back with this:

"The manual was sent to three Australians in the past.
To our regret, it is not possible to communicate afterwards.

The manual of "CITY TURBO,TURBO II,CABRIOLET" has only a
Japanese version.However, obtaining is difficult also
in Japan because it is becoming valuable.

I will send it to you as soon as it obtains it.:-)
"

(mind the jap-english conversion)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:55 pm

Is that a recent email? Sounds promising :)

Return to “General”