Gen 1 auto to man conversion+turbo conversion

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
HONDACITYT

Gen 1 auto to man conversion+turbo conversion

Postby HONDACITYT » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:26 pm

Hey hows it going

Me and my mate want to get a gen 1 civic and do an engine  convesion to a city turbo engine. The problem we are having is that we can not seem to get hold of a manual one. All the ones we have seen for sale are auto's.
We have come to the point were we are thinking of getting an auto one and converting it to manual. :-/ as well as doing the engine conversion.
Has anyone done this or no how easy it is to do?
Can we use the brake and clutch pedal from the city?
Are there any holes for clutch pedal etc?

Looking at an auto one they seem to look like they have less foot pedal room this may be me thinking things but is this just because of the bigger brake pedal or is there just simply no room for a clutch pedal when they come out of the factory auto?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Colza
Forum Addict

Re: Gen 1 auto to man conversion+turbo conversion

Postby Colza » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:12 pm

Auto's and manuals are exactly the same car with different bits bolted in. The City parts are not a good choice, you will need a pedal box from a manual civic. It will bolt straight in, all the holes are there. Absolute piece of piss really. Only hard bit is you have to drop the steering column down to get the pedal box out, so youll be upside down in the footwell for an hour or so ;D mad head rush when you stand up at the end!

GDTYMZ

Postby GDTYMZ » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:16 pm

might have a complete city in my hands which could be up for sale and can be the right type of thing you need as a transplant ..

ill let you know if i end up getting it or not.

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:21 am

yeh it is a peice of cake... tho you have to find an eb gear linkage unless you wanna do some slight modifications to the gear stick mounting hole as the eb ones are about 30mm shorter.. also you dont have to put in the whole pedal box.. you just need the manual pedal pin as its longer.. you can just perch the clutch pedal on the end(works.. ive done it heaps), saves droppin the column... the only diff between m/a pedal box is the auto has two support housings (one gap for the b/pedal) and the manual has three(two gaps, one for brake other for clutch) but you dont need the third.... ohh... youll see what i mean when you have a look i dont have pics ;D

HONDACITYT

Postby HONDACITYT » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:22 pm

thanks heaps guys that makes me able to find what i want pretty easily.

Cheers

GDTYMZ ill definitly be keen on that city that you've got 4 sale. It just depends on when I get the civic which will hopefully be soon

Cheers

tegracer
Forum Regular

Postby tegracer » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:29 pm

having had some experienece with repowering eb civics all i can say is do your homework first. a turbo repower is not as simple as it may first seem, particularly in regards to the wiring.
once the power is doubled all the suspension and brakes really need upgrading and a lot of the parts need to be custom made or are difficult to source [shocks, swaybars etc]
ever wondered why so many half completed eb repowers come up for sale!

Return to “General”